New Contributor

My daughter and I each purchased gift cards as birthday gifts for my sister.  She is unable to use either of them.  The phone number given does not work for either of us.  She called QVC and they said the number worked fine for them.  After being disconnected from QVC after being on hold for half an hour she called QVC again and they are looking into it and will respond in 5 days. Their gift cards are through a 3rd party.  I will never buy one again.  Who wants to give a gift that gives nothing but grief. Certainly she can't be the only one that has this problem.  

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC Gift Card Won't Work

I'd like to know more about a QVC gift card through a third party as well.   I use Shop at Home a lot and at the end of April they will no longer issues checks for reimbursement but only gift cards.  I sent an email to QVC over 2 weeks ago asking how the gift card would work and if there is an expiration date and was told by that person that they didn't know but were elevating the question.  I never heard back but now I see a similar question here.  The only gift card of the ones Shop at Home offers that I would consider is a  QVC gift card but not if there's going to be a problem using them.  Can someone in Customer Service address this question please.  Thank you. 

Honored Contributor

not only do I not buy QVC's cards, I do not buy them for anyone from anywhere.  If I don't know someone enough to know what gift I want to give, I send my check.  I see no reason to have to tell someone where I think they should spend their money.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Melzie,  What's weird is she actually got 3 QVC gift cards for her birthday (that is what she requested) and one of them worked but 2 did not.  Hopefully customer service will come through for her.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@millieshops, that works for you, and that's fine. As the OP pointed out specific QVC cards were requested. I also received a card from QVC as a birthday gift because my sister knows I shop here frequently. Specific gift cards work for some people. Especially if they know where someone shops regularly.

That said, I only buy my QVC cards from two sources. Directly from QVC, when they have the bonus for every $50 you spend, and a large trusted grocery chain when I receive frequent shopper points while using a credit card that gives reward points. Purchasing gift cards was an easy way to reach my minimum amount needed for grocery store curbside pickup. Especially those days when I only needed milk, eggs, and bananas. Throw in an Amazon or QVC gift card and my grocery order was ready.

When purchasing from the grocery chain, I always make certain the activation code receipt is attached to the grocery receipt. When giving cards as a gift I include the gift card receipt with the card, in case there is a problem with the card being activated.

Honored Contributor

@Lapeer    I'm not sure the mods can help with gift cards but they're amazing so give them a try.  Email your question to qvcsocialteam@qvc.com

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

if customer service was able to determine that the card works, they should have been able to put it onto your shopping account so that it appears as a credit as you check out. i give and receive QVC gift cards (some from the third party site, some from the post office or grocery store) and have not had issues with them.

hope you get it resolved! dealing with customer service through the email that @Kachina624  provided is usually the best way to handle issues.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein