Trusted Contributor

Just received my first e-mail from Customer Care letting me know my order was out for delivery today.  I thought that was very nice of them.  So, Thank You.

QVC Customer Care

Re: QVC Customer Care E-Mail

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

Just received my first e-mail from Customer Care letting me know my order was out for delivery today.  I thought that was very nice of them.  So, Thank You.

@grandma2pkmh   This is certainly nice to see, thanks for posting!!

Susan

Honored Contributor

This must be something very new as I've never received such a notice.  I received two items Saturday but no notice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually wish there were a way to turn off those notifications; since I already have accounts with all of the major couriers, I know exactly which packages are coming when, so it's just another thing for me to delete. My QVC account is set up so I only get communications about orders, but it would be nice if I could specify that I do not need these alerts, especially since they often come after an item has already been delivered.

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed I didn't receive the "out for delivery" alert for my package that arrived today, and I thought maybe someone had adjusted my settings somehow. But then I realized that I never even received a notification that the order had shipped (it's a perishable item, so it came via two-day service)—and then lo and behold, two hours after I'd received my package, I got my shipping notification.  Smiley Very Happy

There's always an interesting little game going on here in one way or another...

Occasional Contributor

- I have been a LONG time customer of QVC. Never before (and perhaps I have been "lucky") have I gone into a link, to review an item, to have something that shows as "available" now come back as "backordered."

In today's day of technology, one would think that inventory would be accurate enough, especially when during live shows they can alert the customer to when something is now "sold out."

So, naturally, when I went to place my order for the last two items I purchased, and it showed as available, I securely placed my order.

Now, I am being emailed that the item may not be sent to me?

My confidence in QVC is now shaken.

This is not my typical experience with them - meaning it has NEVER before happened.

I know, I can simply get a refund, and all is well - right?

Not really.

I placed the order, passing up on other possible purchase of similar items, which are now also unavailable. So, I could have made a different purchase, had I known. But, I have missed on that as well.

So, I am placing QVC on notice.

I am going to keep my order active, and be in high hopes that they wish to keep this meager customer, and actually make sure that it is shipped out to me.

I will be waiting.

And if they decide to cancel it - then they have decided to end our business permanently.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jewellsh1 - Welcome to the forums! It looks like you tried to start a new thread, but you ended up posting a new comment inside an old thread. If you want to get assistance from customer service, you may want to try again. Alternately, you can always send a message to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with your order details for help.

One other note: If an item is in "backorder" status, that simply means inventory has been ordered and is on its way but not yet in stock at a particular warehouse. QVC fully anticipates that these orders will be fulfilled, even if it takes an extra couple of days. If an item goes to "waitlist," that's when you need to worry, because that means there's no guarantee QVC can get more of the item but they will try to do so. Good luck!

Occasional Contributor

That is helpful news.

I have never encountered this before and it has been happening a lot.

I am hoping that QVC can remedy the trust issue that this has created.

I'm giving things one more shot, but if we stumble once more, I think I will have to find another reliable source.

I already have enough on my plate to stress about.

No sense in worrying about whether or not I can have the gift I ordered for a friend actually showing up on time - or at all for that matter.   :'(

Trusted Contributor

@Jewellsh1 wrote:

That is helpful news.

I have never encountered this before and it has been happening a lot.

I am hoping that QVC can remedy the trust issue that this has created.

I'm giving things one more shot, but if we stumble once more, I think I will have to find another reliable source.

I already have enough on my plate to stress about.

No sense in worrying about whether or not I can have the gift I ordered for a friend actually showing up on time - or at all for that matter.   :'(

------

What exactly, did QVC tell you? 

Backorder, Waitlist, Shipping Delay? 

Occasional Contributor

@SuhseK 

I am getting all kinds of information that there is a massive shipping issue. Between delays at ports in California and New Jersey - because of a backlog/overload of shipments - and the now stranded cargo ship in the Suez Canal, we the consumer are pretty much screwed for a while.

It's only a matter of time before this hits all of the cyber retail, grocery store, department store, etc. where you buy ANYTHING.

Basically, you should plan on 1. Expecting delays on some goods right now and 2. Planning for inaccessibility of many more goods later on.

This is what we get for shutting down productions in our own country. It was good for a while - but it is coming back to bite us.

My problems is with the Irish made sweaters - so there was little way to maneuver around this one.

But I can say this - do some research on USA made goods. Farmers that will ship flour. Local cattle ranchers who slaughter their own stock. So on. Because if this goes on for much longer - it's gonna get ugly.