Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: QVC CUT LIVE PROGRAMMING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO SAVE MONEY SO.....

I think the only feedback QVC execs are interested in is the bottom line. If sales slide significantly with this repetitive programming, then we might see a reversal or partial reversal.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, it looks like they have at least started showing something other than the TSV over and over, now they are showing the TSV and whatever was on air from 1a-2a--then that is repeated until 7am LOL

So, TSV LIVE @ 12am-1am,

1am-2am whatever they decide to air LIVE

3am-4am REPEAT of TSV

4am-5am REPEAT of what was on in the 1am-2am hour

5am-6am REPEAT of TSV

6am-7am REPEAT of what was on in the 1am-2am hour

Those are all EST.....I guess it's better than only having the TSV repeat over and over, but I just wish they'd give us back our LIVE programming overnight!! I miss it! I work midnights and I'm fortunate enough to have a job that allows me to have a TV on, so it was nice to watch/order...anyways, I hope one day they'll reconsider, but I won't be holding my breath!

~ Hope in TN ~
Trusted Contributor

I don't sleep well at night, but this programming has ensured that I will stay caught up with my reading!📖
Super Contributor

I agree totally , they put the TSV on at midnight and re run it for hours on end.. I  used to love being able to watch over night ..not anymore.. Netflix

Honored Contributor

Many people do not watch QVC all day every day...probably most viewers. so to them any pre recorded shows are new to them.  The few who chat on these boards are not the majority QVC viewers....

Valued Contributor

As long as QVC has this ridiculous policy of repeat airings customers will voice their disapproval.  Frankly I do not see why they have so many channels and then repeat shows but there must be a reason for this suddenly...never happened in how many years in business?  And then during live shows we again are Blessed with multiple airings of the same TSV!  Every day I check the new today online and see from one to four pages of merchandise which we never see on air.  Strange way to run a shopping channel.

Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

No issue is EVER BEATEN TO DEATH!!! As long as complaints are posted people will and have decided not to shop at qvc.  They NEVER address the multitude of issues going on for a year unless forced to and those times are maybe (1).  

@tropics21, the complaints could be added to the other 100 or so threads about this very issue.

If people were that upset with the shipping and recorded programming that they quit shopping with QVC, there wouldn't still be so many complaints about slow shipping and recorded programming.   

Valued Contributor

Your entitled to your opinion, but obviously "loyal" customers need to vent and feel they have been ignored, hence, all the posts by so many.  99 percent of the people understand the posts, and mine that you responded to.  People have a right to get mad, they have orders in process for over 3 weeks, and can't cancel, and can't get any updates to their issues, going on for a year now, so your opinion as to "stop shopping with qvc, has no merit in all these posts, posted everyday, by different people accross america.  

Super Contributor

Sometimes when one corporation buys out another it means that they are going to run one of them into the ground. They buy these businesses in order to end the compatition. I would nto be surprised if either QVC or HSN goes under during the next next couple of years.

Frequent Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

wHY NOT CUT THE RECORDED SHOWS THAT GO ON FOR HOURS, AFTERALL IT IS USING ELECTRICITY AND OTHER BUSINESS COSTS???? Shut the lights out at QVC at  1:00 a,m, no shows pre recorded,  because from what I can tell from this blog, people are not happy, and they are not watching, so again, qvc, you are wasting money.  Terrible business decision, but I guess that is the norm of your business. Shopping elsewhere for xmas and going to the mall for clothes. Adios,  

Terrible business decision, especially at Christmas time!!  Is this really saving QVC money?  They have obviously cut support staff too with the slow shipping and processing of returns.  Is it really worth the loss of business and unhappy customers?  Esp since TSV starts at 9pm, (PST), reruns at 10p or 11pm to 4am.  Awful decision!!