Honored Contributor

Re: QVC CORPORATE:::: CLOSE UP THE "ONTARIO, CALIFORNIA" WAREHOUSE

@loriqvc wrote:

If there is a new QVC warehouse in California, that would be interesting; Ontario is the site of a major UPS regional hub, so this may result in much faster processing and shipping times once the site is up and running. I guess we'll wait and see...

ETA: I placed an order on Saturday that was fulfilled through Ontario and arrived today. I was shocked!  Smiley Happy

@loriqvc.  You dont have to wait and see.  The Ontario warehouse has been operational for awhile now.  Sure speeds up my orders.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I'm with Kachina on this one.  Living in Oregon I am delighted that my last couple of orders shipped from the Ontario, Ca. warehouse.  My orders arrived in a few days as opposed to 7 days before they ship from the East coast and another 6-7 days to get here.

Pat

Honored Contributor

I placed an order on the 23rd, and it arrived on the 26th. I was so surprised....checked where it came from....yes, Ontario.
Esteemed Contributor

So once again we have a CS rep who's, what...making things up to satisfy a caller?

Repeating a rumor?

Saying anything to get the call overwith, because she has no clue and no way to check why OPs top is still in process 9 days later?

Valued Contributor

Excuse me.....don't blame Ontario's warehouse.... I live 8 miles from that warehouse but  when items are shipped from there I get them right away!!!!!!!!  It is QVC MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION......they have grown out of their shoes.  Way too big and then they take on HSN!!!!!  I placed an order on Sunday and Monday and as of today can't even figure out what's going on because it is "in process"....apparently they are not even updating the tracking on orders anymore.  If you want to close a warehouse - close all those on the EAST COAST.....they have been doing this for so many years and still cannot get orders out.  My Grandma's individual cakes I had on a/d.....finally had to call CS and demand my money back as nothing showed it was shipped in  over 2 weeks!  The problem is not Ontario and for that matter, I live here so why do I still have to wait weeks to receive items from the East Coast warehouses.....just poorly planning and management all around........................

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624    Agree completely.  I receive items much faster from Ontario.  Granted I am currently in southern Ca, but everything from east coast is minimum 8 days and that’s when shipping is as usual before latest glitch.

My cross country move to Maryland takes place two weeks.  I wonder how long it will take outstanding delayed orders to get to me.  Lol

Honored Contributor

@grooms wrote:

Excuse me.....don't blame Ontario's warehouse.... I live 8 miles from that warehouse but  when items are shipped from there I get them right away!!!!!!!!  It is QVC MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATION......they have grown out of their shoes.  Way too big and then they take on HSN!!!!!  I placed an order on Sunday and Monday and as of today can't even figure out what's going on because it is "in process"....apparently they are not even updating the tracking on orders anymore.  If you want to close a warehouse - close all those on the EAST COAST.....they have been doing this for so many years and still cannot get orders out.  My Grandma's individual cakes I had on a/d.....finally had to call CS and demand my money back as nothing showed it was shipped in  over 2 weeks!  The problem is not Ontario and for that matter, I live here so why do I still have to wait weeks to receive items from the East Coast warehouses.....just poorly planning and management all around........................

@grooms.  Food items are shipped directly from the vendors.  "In process" means it's being pulled and packaged and hasn't shipped yet.  There has been a delay in the Lancaster warehouse where they may be moving/reorganizing to improve the operation.  We certainly hope so, don't we?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

So it seems the west coasters are receiving products quicker from the Ontario WH. But us east coasters receiving orders from Ontario are waiting a minimum of 10 days shipping......Why don't they ship east coasters from east coast WH, west coasters from Ontario WH. Unfortunately I guess it has to do with what brands are stashed where, I purchase certain brands that always come from Ontario, and I know they will be late.  Problem here is if there is an exchange necessary, it a month from ordering to receiving the final exchanged item.   I am cutting my ordering since I have been very unsatisfied lately with service and some of the quality of merchandise recently.

Trusted Contributor

Well I'm sorry for all of the people complaining about the Ontario , however there are a lot of people that live on the west coast that happen to love it....including myself.  I live in Arizona.  Whenever something is shipped from anywhere in the east coast it can take at least 10 days. And that is after the item has been "in process" for several days.  Very frustrating. 

Respected Contributor

At least if its coming from the west coast there is rarely a time where it will be delayed by weather.  

I've had items shipped and then delayed for days due to bad weather on the east coast. 

However, the shipping times for QVC can certainly be improved.  I can order and get items from other retailers within 2 days with free shipping, including items weighing 30-40 pounds, but paying $5.50 for a small box takes up to 2 weeks when coming from QVC.....certainly there is room for improvement on shipping with QVC. 

......You look like I need a drink.....