Esteemed Contributor

Re: QUESTION TO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

@gertrudecloset 

You have just run into me.  Smiley Happy  yes, me. 

Read farther down,4th of JULY,today. 

@Sage04 , @NickNack , @dooBdoo 

Farther down- read.

Also, @PamfromCT ~~~ going over elsewhere to follow up from days ago -your question.

I'll send you a notice when on soon, then HOP- CLOSING- OFF since this system is compromised in my lane.  NAES

What a mess. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb

Strange though with different questions,though.

I have a problem with my nic showing as I had mentioned, frozen.

BUT! When I go to the home page, finding the search bar, my authentic name shows up as .. HI _xxx__ we are happy to see you,et cetera.  I do not give authority for that~

I definitely believe that the majority of complaining posters whom had rattled all of the time with frustration for a simple task to  sign on each time .. was.. the majority that caused this -HERE WE GO AGAIN with the system- help me with my angst, and won.

Going back to 2015, after the forum totally changed, I actually was circumventing throughout everything with a whatsoever. Woman Surprised

Actually, I am not on that frequently, so in hindsight I never had given that much attention since I was travelling most of the the time.

I am concerned with privacy, and how easily it is for hackers to channel within and gather information. 

Still, many can not sign in, either through EDGE, ANDROID,or CHROME. It's a complete mess. I noticed the fouled steam of complainers four days + ago. 

I did appreciate your response, your opinion. 

Thank you for reading. NAES

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NAES1,  As long as I've been using the Q's website their shopping area (qvc.com) and the Community forums (community.qvc.com) have been separate, located on different servers.  
They are linked, permitting the same user profile
(located on the shopping servers), same email address, login credentials, etc., to be referenced by both and also displaying the shopping info at the top of the forums.   But, even so, they're not really one single website.  That's why we normally have to log in once to the shopping site and then again, separately,  to the forums.
When we're on the shopping site, and logged in, it displays our real name (as you said, "Hi, [real first name]") from our account profile.  It doesn't do this when we're on the forums. 

That's probably clear as mud... 🤨🙃😜  I'm getting a headache, might not be explaining well, but wanted to try.  Take care.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

ABSOLUTELY, @dooBdoo 

'clear as '' m u d " -perfect analogy!

"....everything - everywhere, is

about me:  HEAR THIS"

My font, my size in lettering is frozen, also. 

Believe I am closing - shutting this thinamagig totally off.

Sending hugs for a sweetheart of any lady I know

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@NAES1,  As long as I've been using the Q's website their shopping area (qvc.com) and the Community forums (community.qvc.com) have been separate, located on different servers.  
They are linked, permitting the same user profile
(located on the shopping servers), same email address, login credentials, etc., to be referenced by both and also displaying the shopping info at the top of the forums.   But, even so, they're not really one single website.  That's why we normally have to log in once to the shopping site and then again, separately,  to the forums.
When we're on the shopping site, and logged in, it displays our real name (as you said, "Hi, [real first name]") from our account profile.  It doesn't do this when we're on the forums. 

That's probably clear as mud... 🤨🙃😜  I'm getting a headache, might not be explaining well, but wanted to try.  Take care.🌻

I just logged on like I've had to do for the last few days.  I think they have combined the log on process.  I think we may just need to log on one time (which will take you to the main QVC website; where you then go to the forum section and re-enter your password to get to the forums.

I didn't have to change my nickname, nor did I have to change my password.  One universal log on (from what I can tell now).

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don´t understand the Post about your name showing up. As far as I can remember it´s always been that way. I would hate to go to ¨My Account¨ and instead of ¨Hi (my name) I see someone else´s name. Then for sure there is a problem.

HSN does the same thing. They greet me by name when I sign into My Account.

I´m the only one who can see my Name.