Honored Contributor

QUESTION ABOUT FREE EXCHANGES

I've never exchanged anything with QVC .... I've always kept the item, or returned it.

Now I've received a garment I like, but should be one size smaller, and I'm not sure I understand the explanation I found online.

First, I return the item with the return label.  No charge. 

If they have the preferred size, they ship it back to me, but I pay shipping. 

If the item is waitlisted or sold out, they just give a full refund, and not charge for the return label.

Do I have this right?

Honored Contributor

Re: QUESTION ABOUT FREE EXCHANGES

@Tinkrbl44   No, the exchange is totally free.  You don't pay any additional shipping.  By the way, I returned a pair of pants for exchange 3 weeks ago tomorrow.  I received a notice that they're shipping out the replacement, a couple days ago but have not yet received a shipping notice.  By the time I receive it, a month will have passed.  Hope you're not in a hurry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

I haven't tried to exchange anything either, so maybe I shouldn't even respond to your question. But I understand it to be slightly different:

You pay for QVC to ship the item to you originally.  With an exchange, you use their return label and if they have the smaller size, there is no charge for using their return label.  They then send the correct item to you, also free of shipping charges.  So you only pay the original shipping charge just as if the  item you wanted had been sent in the beginning.

However--and this is where I'm assuming--if they do not have the item in stock that you need, they treat it as a simple return.  At which point your account is credited for the item price plus sales tax, if applicable.  You pay for the original shipping to you as well as the return shipping, just like you would if you had requested a return.

If I'm incorrect about this, I'm sure someone will enlighten you further! 🙂

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

I haven't tried to exchange anything either, so maybe I shouldn't even respond to your question. But I understand it to be slightly different:

You pay for QVC to ship the item to you originally.  With an exchange, you use their return label and if they have the smaller size, there is no charge for using their return label.  They then send the correct item to you, also free of shipping charges.  So you only pay the original shipping charge just as if the  item you wanted had been sent in the beginning.

However--and this is where I'm assuming--if they do not have the item in stock that you need, they treat it as a simple return.  At which point your account is credited for the item price plus sales tax, if applicable.  You pay for the original shipping to you as well as the return shipping, just like you would if you had requested a return.

If I'm incorrect about this, I'm sure someone will enlighten you further! 🙂

@geezerette 

the above highlighted IS incorrect. 

If they do NOT have the new size or color...you are SUPPOSED to receive a full credit, including original shipping and NOT be charged for the return label.

If that doesn't happen, the customer needs to contact C/S or mods and get it corrected.

Honored Contributor

Any chance we can get a CS person to weigh in on this? 

Clearly, there's confusion ...  and I'd like to know how much extra, if anything,  I'm dinged for an exchange ....

Honored Contributor

exchanges cost nothing when you use the qvc return label and mark your receipt as an exchange for size and/or color. the item number must be the same.

you will get a FULL refund if the item you are exchanging it for is unavailable.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Any chance we can get a CS person to weigh in on this? 

Clearly, there's confusion ...  and I'd like to know how much extra, if anything,  I'm dinged for an exchange ....

@Tinkrbl44 

this is their exchange policy

What's your policy for exchanges? Add To Reply

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.

You do not have to pay any additional shipping for an exchange and you do get a full refund if it sells out.

Contributor

@Kachina624I got a notice about a return being shipped to me on Feb 13 and I called today to find out they actually refunded my purchase and nothing is coming.

QVC Customer Care

@Tinkrbl44 et al

Free exchanges are available for the same item number and the change of color, size etc. You would use our prepaid label and you would NOT be charged for the return as it is flat our exchange one for another. If we do not have the item to exchange then you will be refunded without charge for the return nor would we keep the original shipping and handling. As you can see from the other replies, mistakes are indeed made and the customer is then charged for the return. If that is the case then you would just let us know (the MODS) and we would refund you. 

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@H2OSkiGirl   I returned a pair of pants for a smaller size and they shipped me the wrong pants.  I can't seem to get Melvin to understand what happened and haven't heard from him for 2 days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment