QVC Customer Care

Re: QCard $10 Statement Credit

@CalMom

are you enlisting me to assist Nightowlz? 

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@CalMom

are you enlisting me to assist Nightowlz? 

Beth QVC

Yes, I was. You have always been so helpful. Sorry but I am not on the forums as much as I was in the past. Thanks again!  @Beth-QVC

Esteemed Contributor

I don't blame anyone who opens a credit card so they can take advantage of a special discount that is offered. DEpending upon the cost of the item it can save a good amount of money.  I wouldn't do it for a tiny savings but would and have done it for larger amounts.  JC PEnny drives me crazy with their pushing opening a card to get a additional discount.  LAst time I was there and purchased something they pitched their card with the special card opening discount and I just looked at the sales clerk and said. "You do realize that I would save $1.90 right?"  I did open a Toys R Us card to save $35.00 on a motorized vehicle that I bought my grandson for his birthday.  I claimed my discount and immediately closed the account. My FICO scores did not appear to suffer at all.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I don't blame anyone who opens a credit card so they can take advantage of a special discount that is offered. DEpending upon the cost of the item it can save a good amount of money.  I wouldn't do it for a tiny savings but would and have done it for larger amounts.  JC PEnny drives me crazy with their pushing opening a card to get a additional discount.  LAst time I was there and purchased something they pitched their card with the special card opening discount and I just looked at the sales clerk and said. "You do realize that I would save $1.90 right?"  I did open a Toys R Us card to save $35.00 on a motorized vehicle that I bought my grandson for his birthday.  I claimed my discount and immediately closed the account. My FICO scores did not appear to suffer at all.

I agree with this.  My DH opened a Lowes account because they were offering 10% off.  We were buying quite a bit and it saved us a couple hundred dollars so it was well worth it.   

Respected Contributor

The same thing happens when I go to a TJ Max Store. They ask (as they are instructed to) and I say "No" as I always do. It would have to be a very big purchase for me to do so.

However, I do have a Costco Membership Executive. I end up getting my money back for the entire membership plus more so it is worth it.

I have a Sam's club about 20 minutes away. They have some things that my husband and I like. There is a promo for $25 dollars off for a membership with a link that I found online last week. When I went to get my card at the club, there was a $20 gift card if you open up a Master Card. So I opened one and got $45 off my first purchase so the membership cost me nothing. I wouldn't make the money back because I wouldn't spend enough money there. A free membership works for me and I will use another card with a better rebate.

Thank you!

New Contributor

I am having the same problem.  In December, the promotion was for a $25 statement credit upon opening a Qcard.  I opened and purchased three items.  First bill came - no credit.  I called and they said it would be on the next statement.  Second bill just arrived - no credit.  I called again.  They said it may be up to two more billing cycles.  That’s a total of four billing cycles.  My purchases will be paid off by then.  I asked if they would send a check if my balances were paid by the time they issue the credit.  They said No.  I feel like I’ve been scammed by Synchrony Bank and QVC.  

Respected Contributor

I think the problem is not trusting either QVC or the bank to follow through.  Apparently, in some cases the credit was not applied in one or two billing cycles.

New Contributor

I am contacting the Better Business Bureau and our Atty General's office.  It's fraudulent for them to entice us to open up an account and then not give us the credit we were told we'd be getting.  I opened my account in December and I am still tryinig to get my credit.

New Contributor

It took me only 10 minutes to place a complaint to the BBB.  It also takes only a short time to write to the Atty General's office.  I've complained to both QVC and to Synchrony.  They just seem to pass the buck back and forth.   I've always loved QVC but I can get most of the things from other providers.  I won't be buying again from QVC.

QVC Customer Care

@jules45

I am sorry that we disappointed you and we should have resolved this issue for you much more quickly. I have sent you an email with further information...

Beth QVC