Contributor

QCARD confusion? Told mine was declined/not true

Two things happened today, simultaneously:  I'm a 30yr customer.  I ordered a faux hygrangea plant.  Today a very heavy, too small-looking box was delivered, so I opened it.  The packing slip listed the hydrangea plant I ordered, but the box contained two bottles of shampoo.?  Called QVC cust. svc to tell them and was told to return it.  I will return it  AFTER I receive the correct product, since my acct. shows you've CHARGED me for it already.  Then the cust. svc rep said 'Oh there's an EZ payment that was declined on 4/28., for $9 on another item. ?  She said 'but I can't discuss it with you, you need to call Synchrony Bank (SYNCB).  I spent the next 30 min trying to get through 11 different menu glitches to speak to SYNCB who told me there is NO hold/decline status on your QCard, it's all good.  ??  WHY IS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TELLING SUCH INCORRECT INFO TO CUSTOMERS WHO ALWAYS PAY THEIR BILLS ON TIME?  Of course, I neglected to get her name, so I can't provide it.  I will be paying off my Q balance and moving on, after 30+ years.  QVC lost a long-time/loyal customer today.  In today's world of thousands of online products and purchase choices, I won't put up with such bad customer service.  

Respected Contributor

Re: QCARD confusion? Told mine was declined/not true

That is really regrettable @AZGardener and such poor business practice. I'm not here nearly as often as I used to be and rarely watch but it seems to be more of the norm these days.  I've been here half as long as you but it's clear you are not as valued as you should be and it's their loss. 

Respected Contributor

@AZGardener 

When I saw " Synchrony Bank " in your post, it brought back to mind how messed up they were.

When SteinMart closed down, Synchrony sent all their customers a Synchrony credit card.  I began to use it.  Since I handle all the bills for many different endeavors, I have a Bill Log for what comes in and is due either first to 15th or 16th to month's end.  It seems I never got a bill so there was no entry for Synchrony.

Then at the hair salon, my card is declined.  My long time stylist tried it again to no avail.  Used another card, no problem.  Called Synchrony when I got home:  Somehow they never sent me a bill for 5 months !  Got through to the second representative who was knowledgeable and helpful and within 30 minutes we straightened out all the fines, charges, etc.  Left for Florida within a few days and when I used the card again, it was declined.  That was it for Synchrony as well as any company that uses them for their credit card function.

It seems stores that turn over their billing service to another entity end up with poor customer service.  Going through a similar story with Comenity Bank that provides billing service to Talbot's.  Not activating their new card sent me.

As for credit card, I am staying with Visa: almost 40 years with them and excellent service.  Got rid of store cards period.

So sorry for your experience with the Q card.  It is very frustrating and then the worst part....trying to get through those telephone menus so you can speak to a person who doesn't listen and doesn't care.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

I just paid off my QCard and will be closing it. I closed my HSN/Synchrony card 2 months ago as well. Anything to do with Synchrony Bank, I want no part of. They're awful to deal with and they won't hesitate to hurt/ruin your credit. I transposed $.58 to $.53 and they hit my credit report as being "delinquent". 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The CC industry is difficult and not only these secondary CC billing companies.

Last month Citi Card changed their Rewards encouraging members to get gift cards and go totally on line avoiding  phone use.  It took me four days and seven calls to set up an on line account. I kept getting " Information does not match over and over." 

I was told to wait 48 hrs.to try again so tech could figure it out as no one could  set up an on line account.  One CS said she was helping her Mother with this. Yeah, I know I am old....One call was such a poor connection , echoing and scratchy I  just hung up.

I tried again  after two days and finally got a nice, polite helpful tech person from India. I asked her where she was from as detected tbe accent. She was so kind and finally got me set up step by step successfully.

After all that I was told one can still call in but I can do either on line or phone in  now for Rewards. It seems one has to keep trying until finding someone who knows what they are doing,  listen and resolve the problem.

Contributor

Thanks jlkz, and I share your frustration!

Contributor

Thanks Spacrazy for taking the time to respond!

Contributor

HonestLife, wow that's shameful.  The kicker in my situation was that QVC customer service was telling me there was a decline on my acct, but SYNCB told me 'no decline' so who knows who had the correct info Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@AZGardener wrote:

Two things happened today, simultaneously:  I'm a 30yr customer.  I ordered a faux hygrangea plant.  Today a very heavy, too small-looking box was delivered, so I opened it.  The packing slip listed the hydrangea plant I ordered, but the box contained two bottles of shampoo.?  Called QVC cust. svc to tell them and was told to return it.  I will return it  AFTER I receive the correct product, since my acct. shows you've CHARGED me for it already.  Then the cust. svc rep said 'Oh there's an EZ payment that was declined on 4/28., for $9 on another item. ?  She said 'but I can't discuss it with you, you need to call Synchrony Bank (SYNCB).  I spent the next 30 min trying to get through 11 different menu glitches to speak to SYNCB who told me there is NO hold/decline status on your QCard, it's all good.  ??  WHY IS A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP TELLING SUCH INCORRECT INFO TO CUSTOMERS WHO ALWAYS PAY THEIR BILLS ON TIME?  Of course, I neglected to get her name, so I can't provide it.  I will be paying off my Q balance and moving on, after 30+ years.  QVC lost a long-time/loyal customer today.  In today's world of thousands of online products and purchase choices, I won't put up with such bad customer service.  

I used to have awful experiences when calling customer service. Then qvcsocialteam@qvc.com came along. Please email them with any issue and your problem will be resolved.They are the best and truly care. It's the best thing that QVC has ever done. They are quick to respond also.

Respected Contributor

I had an issue recently with easy pays not going through.   I thought how can that be and everything I buy is in on my Q card with easy pay and every month by the 19th paid in full until the next go round of easy pays. 

Customer service pushed them through and said we have been having issues.  I thought how odd and how could they not go through.  Never had an issue before and back to normal. 

I check my account often and keep track.  I pay weekly most of the time so when the final statement comes very little due.  I get paid weekly so easy to do.  I have a lot of easy pays sometimes.    Also helps keep me in line.  Some of the Christmas gifts just got paid off.  Easy pay nice but goes on forever it seems.