Honored Contributor

Q's Return Label is a "Slow Boat to China"

I used the Q's $6.95 prepaid return label to exchange a top that was too big, for a smaller size. I dropped the package off at the post office on Monday morning.

Today, 4 days later, it's still there at my post office. According to tracking, it hasn't budged! Woman Surprised  Apparently, it's awaiting pickup by a  QVC "returns agent." What takes so long??!!

I used the prepaid label b/c l'm doing a free exchange. But, by the time my package arrives at the warehouse, the size l want will probably be sold out.  Woman Sad

If l had used my own return label, and paid my own way, lt would have cost half as much, and arrived at the warehouse already! Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q's Return Label is a "Slow Boat to China"

I don't return much, but in the past year the return process does seem to be taking longer.  My most recent return took so long that after calling customer service the rep apologized and went ahead and processed the refund without the item being back in the warehouse.  There was a tracking number to confirm that I had shipped the return using the QVC return label.   

Respected Contributor

I recently returned an item I had ordered from HSN, and keep in mind I live far away from Florida, I returned the package via UPS, 3 days later I received an email stating the  item had been received, a few days later a credit was issued to my credit card. Occasionally I will  return QVC items  the same way and it can be as long as 12 to 14 days before  a credit is  given, if HSN issues a credit that fast why can't QVC.    

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I used the Q's $6.95 prepaid return label to exchange a top that was too big, for a smaller size. I dropped the package off at the post office on Monday morning.

Today, 4 days later, it's still there at my post office. According to tracking, it hasn't budged! Woman Surprised  Apparently, it's awaiting pickup by a  QVC "returns agent." What takes so long??!!

I used the prepaid label b/c l'm doing a free exchange. But, by the time my package arrives at the warehouse, the size l want will probably be sold out.  Woman Sad

If l had used my own return label, and paid my own way, lt would have cost half as much, and arrived at the warehouse already! Woman Frustrated

@handygal2

Sad but true!

I would suggest you call customer service and ask them to reorder you the item NOW before it does sell out.  They can and should do that for your exchange.  I have done it.  They can adjust the price, if needed, to get you exactly the same price (and any EZ pays used) that you paid.

They should mark the original order that the exchange has already been made and you are to receive a FULL credit for the item when it arrives.

You WILL be charged for this new order, if that is okay with you.  Then credited when the return gets there.  They will NOT send it for 0.

I have had returns sit at my post office for up to two full weeks!  The few times I tried to exchange that way....they never sent the new item even though it was in stock.  They only credited me...and I had to call then to get my original $3 shipping back AND the $6.95 return label fee back.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife: Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry you've had such a hassle!

l did speak with customer service, and the rep. said 12 days need to go by before they'll credit my account for a "missing" return. She suggested that she reorder the item for me in the smaller size. But l don't want my credit card charged again, and then to wait for a credit, assuming they receive my return.

I also don't want to have to call to get my $3.00 and $6.95 back, as you did. I'd rather take my chances that they'll still have the item in stock whenever... Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Here's an update:

My return was FINALLY picked up by the Q's "returns agent" at 5:00 this evening, Monday, June 18. So it's been sitting idle at my post office since 10:00 last Monday morning-- just about a week-and-a-day!! And no further tracking updates will be available!! 

I am NEVER using the Q's prepaid return label again!!

Honored Contributor

That is odd....I work in a very small town and this morning I handed a return package to the gal that delivers our mail....using the Q return label.....late this afternoon I got an email that it was on it's way back to QVC!  I wonder why some packages sit at the post office?

I could understand if my package had not moved yet because again, the post office I used today is in a very small town!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

That is odd....I work in a very small town and this morning I handed a return package to the gal that delivers our mail....using the Q return label.....late this afternoon I got an email that it was on it's way back to QVC!  I wonder why some packages sit at the post office?

I could understand if my package had not moved yet because again, the post office I used today is in a very small town!

@Mom2Dogs: I think there was some glitch in the process-- apparently it's hit-or-miss. I'm glad you were lucky!

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs maybe you lucked up and dropped your package off the same day the QVC agent was scheduled to do a pick-up at your post office.

Regular Contributor

The QVC return label is for a company called NEWGISTICS. It says that on the label. They pick up at your local PO once a week.  I figured out that day, for my PO, was Tuesday.  You can use the tracking number on the NEWGISTICS tracking web site to track you return.  Hope that helps.