Valued Contributor

Q-card Account Pop Up Ad Online

I’m getting truly annoyed by the pop up the Q is putting up online every time you click on a page! It comes up & blocks info on whatever I’m looking at. Unless you click the X circle; it stays there. Sometimes it comes back as well!
To QVC: PLEASE, stop this annoying ad! Not only is it mentioned in every “show” I watch; now it’s on every page online. If I wanted a Q card I would apply for one. I choose not to do business with the bank QVC uses as the interest rate is double (at least),that of my personal credit card! If for whatever reason, I didn’t pay my entire balance in any month~it would grow by as much as appx., 25% each month!
With that said, what really bothers me is the darn pop up ad! I’m sure others feel the same way. I had to print an invoice for an exchange the other day & the ad came up on the invoice, blocking most of the info on the invoice!
PLEASE STOP THE POP UP AD!!! Thank you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Q-card Account Pop Up Ad Online

@Gemspirit wrote:
I’m getting truly annoyed by the pop up the Q is putting up online every time you click on a page! It comes up & blocks info on whatever I’m looking at. Unless you click the X circle; it stays there. Sometimes it comes back as well!
To QVC: PLEASE, stop this annoying ad! Not only is it mentioned in every “show” I watch; now it’s on every page online. If I wanted a Q card I would apply for one. I choose not to do business with the bank QVC uses as the interest rate is double (at least),that of my personal credit card! If for whatever reason, I didn’t pay my entire balance in any month~it would grow by as much as appx., 25% each month!
With that said, what really bothers me is the darn pop up ad! I’m sure others feel the same way. I had to print an invoice for an exchange the other day & the ad came up on the invoice, blocking most of the info on the invoice!
PLEASE STOP THE POP UP AD!!! Thank you.

I had a rotten experience with a Q-Card almost 20 years ago, so I cancelled it.

At this point in my life I am wildly, incredibly grateful for you @Gemspirit that you are complaining about this, and I truly and sincerely hope that this is the very worst thing happening in your life at present and in the future. Have a SUPER Wednesday!

Honored Contributor

do you have some type of ad-blocker or anti-tracker installed?

should take care of that

I use Disconnect for chrome and when I have it on don't see the popups

Valued Contributor

@jackthebear~Thanks for the idea. I think I have everything set to block cookies, pop ups, etc. But I’ll double check my settings.
Either way~QVC should know, it’s still an obnoxious, annoying thing to do. Put it on the main page & that’s it! Let us browse, chat& shop in peace!
Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit wrote:
@jackthebear~Thanks for the idea. I think I have everything set to block cookies, pop ups, etc. But I’ll double check my settings.
Either way~QVC should know, it’s still an obnoxious, annoying thing to do. Put it on the main page & that’s it! Let us browse, chat& shop in peace!

totally agree

Honored Contributor

@Gemspirit HSN is doing the same thing.  Recently that have a banner that blocks half the page and can't be remove....

Trusted Contributor

I had a QCard way back in the day when it was first offered. Back in the days where they actually sent you an actual credit card in the mail even if you didn’t apply for it. Yeah, a long time ago. 

It was was one of the worst credit experiences of my life...and at one time I was a credit analyst and before that,  a bill collector for a company.

In those days, you had to actually mail in your payment, and if they did not receive the payment on the date it was due, you received a phone call informing you about your lateness. No grace period...they called, and they had the worst people on the other end of the phone. As soon as I could, I paid that dang thing off, and cancelled it. 

The ads are annoying.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @Gemspirit, Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. I will be sure to share it with our management team. 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebearThanks for this idea.  I haven't been seeing the QVC pop-ups, but because I'd been car shopping until a few weeks ago, I'm getting car pop-ups on so many sites that have nothing to do with cars or even shopping. 

Going to investigate a blocker.  I certainly don't want another car!

Honored Contributor

here you go

https:     //disconnect    .me/

this is to stop ad trackers and all that stuff 

can turn it on/off when needed.

not sure if it works with all browsers,