Valued Contributor

Q about Vince Camuto TSV boots

Is there a way to find out what the actual calf circumference is for each of the sizes?  I wear an 11 wide foot but I need a true medium calf.  The description says medium calf is 15 inches "for a size 9 medium".   I need to order an 11 wide so want to know how wide the calf will be on that. 

For some ridiculous reason, they often increase the size of the calf as the size of the shoe goes up.  and, even though they say ad naseum on the presentations that it is customizable and you can get a medium calf circumference with a wide width in the foot, they often make the calf measurement wider on a wide width shoe, even for the medium calf!  Just because I am tall and have big feet, does not mean I have large calves. 

I ended up being out $$ in shipping for the Marc Fisher TSV boots earlier this year--the description says 15 inches calf circumference, but that is taken on a medium shoe width.  Turned out that the calf circumference on the WIDE shoe widths (even medium calf width) were a lot wider.  I got them home and the calf circumference was nearly 17 inches on an 11 wide.  Is that the case with these boots? 

Valued Contributor

Re: Q about Vince Camuto TSV boots

This description is on the wide calf boots, but I think you're right, there are no calf measurements posted for each size boot

• Approximate measurements: Heel 1"H; Shaft 19-1/2"H; Calf circumference 17"
  • Measurements were taken using a Medium size 9; measurements may vary depending on size

Honored Contributor

@Tantallum, I had no idea they increased the calf circumference bigger as the shoe size got bigger until they had a TSV tall shaft boot previously.  In that instance, they had a size chart with the calf circumference for every size.  I see they didn't do that this time.

I would call CS and see if they have that information and if not, tell them you will order but if the calf is huge, you are sending them back and you expect 100% reimbursement. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks @Lipstickdiva, I didn't know they ever did it until I ordered those Marc Fisher boots.  and of course they actually DID have the size chart there but I was out of town and just looking at the app and did not look at all the photos.  So that one was totally my fault, but it never dawned on me that they would increase a medium calf boot because I ordered the wide shoe.  Especially since the hosts are always going on about a 'customizable' boot because you can order a wide width shoe but not the wide calf...except you actually COULDN'T in that situation....