Occasional Contributor

Purchase & return made but never received credit back on gift card.

I chatted with customer service and was told they would get back to me but the more I wait the more concerned I get.

Back in 2014 I got a gift card for $150.00. I purchased about $130.00 in Wen products. I used them for one week. My hair was coming out in clumps and by the end of the week my scalp was swollen and itchy. I promptly returned the product to QVC. It was such a BAD experience! I called and told customer service what had happened to me and they assured me not to worry and I would be refunded.

Well... I was so turned off by QVC for selling such a horrible product I just left the gift card in my email and forgot about it. Not long after there was a class action lawsuit against WEN as tons of people were coming forward with the same reaction to their HAIR. That QVC is still selling it is absolutely shocking...

Now... Here we are 6 years later. While clearing out old email I was reminded that I still have $150.00 in credit at QVC. I went to use the gift card and it says there is no money available. Huh, that can't be right... So I contacted customer service through live chat. A lovely woman named Melissa helped me and informed me that she can't find my return. This was so long ago that even I would have no idea how to show proof of the return. I used the label provided to me from QVC but I guess I should have just paid for the return label myself so I would have something to show that the products were returned.

So... Now I'm waiting with faith that QVC will rectify this situation. I lost a lot of hair from trying WEN that thankfully grew back but I really hope I don't lose $150.00 also.

Please help.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Purchase & return made but never received credit back on gift card.

A Mod will help you get it straightened out .............

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes gift cards are only valid for a certain period of time.  I have ones that expire after 1 year.

Sorry this happened to you.  Hopefully you can straighten it out.

Occasional Contributor

Weezer23 - The gift card says "never expires" on it and shows a balance of $0.00. Even if they never refunded me for the $130.00 return. It still should have the balance of $20 or so if it doesn't expire. (as I type this I don't remember the "to the penny" leftover balance) Also, by law, gift cards cannot expire.
I really hope they do help.
Everyone is so nice!
Thanks for your advice!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think gift cards start deducting a fee if you don't use it after a period of time. Why did you wait so long to follow up on your return? It just seems unusual to wait for almost 6 years.

Occasional Contributor

Well after losing hair from using a product from QVC, I was basically traumatized and didn't want to try anything new from QVC. I suppose I was as more worried about my health than shopping online.
Occasional Contributor

I tried calling all day Tuesday the 12th, and today Wednesday the 13th all morning to reach a human to discuss my account to no prevail. I guess while everyone is in quarantine they are shopping which is why the phone lines are clogged up.
Can someone on here who works for QVC please help me?
Honored Contributor

offline email them at 

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Occasional Contributor

Sharke: I emailed the address you suggested. Now I'm just waiting to see if I can get some assistance.
Thank you!
Honored Contributor

always works for me they're more apt to answer by email then phone

email rules the world now LOL

Good luck !