Occasional Contributor

Problems with cancelling auto delivery

I've had this happen twice now.  I got an email from QVC indicating that an autoship delivery was about to be shipped.  I went online and cancelled the auto delivery and the next day I get an email advising that the product had shipped.  Not happy at all.  I called CS and expressed that and was told that I can return it no shipping but I explained to the CS rep that I had done that before and was still charged the $6.95 shipping which was taken off the account when I called back.  I just don't understand why I have to take my time to take it to the post office and mail it back when I had cancelled the auto delivery - my time is worth something to me.  The lady said that I could call customer service and it would arrange for pick-up at my home.  We'll see and we'll see whether or not I have to call again to have the S&H credited to my account.  It's quite annoying to keep taking one's time to deal with this when I've already cancelled the auto delivery.  Thanks for letting me rant.

Respected Contributor

Re: Problems with cancelling auto delivery

You have to give them more than a day's notice that you don't want the delivery.  I don't blame Q for that. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@karen burt

This is a continuing problem.It has happened to me sooo many times. I really think they ship  cancelled items hopeing you keep them!

In this day and age ,with internet , email  and instant messaging there is no reason to ship an item that has been cancelled.

Honored Contributor

Canceling with short notice could be the issue if the item is shipping from a vendor.  

Occasional Contributor

For those of you suggesting that I didn't cancel with enough time, I cancelled as soon as I got the email notifying me of the product order.  

Honored Contributor

I have several items on A/D.  I make it a point to check them frequently to see when the next ship date is.  To me, it's my responsibility to administer them.

If I don't want a particular shipment, I simply click on "Skip this shipment".  I find the A/D plans very easy to control and I don't rely on an email to notify me.

Having said that, I have in the past year gotten an email to notify me that a shipment was ready; decided I didn't want it and cancelled immediately.  I've had no problem with things being shipped after I cancelled doing this.  (Also, I've never gotten an email that an item was ready to ship only the day before it shipped.)

CS has told you you can return it at no cost to you; you'll have to accept that and then decide whether you want to continue getting items on A/D and risking the same problem.

Honored Contributor

@karen burt

Because I love auto-delivery and have several in the works pretty much all the time, I've developed the habit of checking on the first of the month what's coming in the month ahead.  Just did that today as a matter of fact, so I know what's coming in June. 

Also, I've been getting some emails from QVC about 10 days prior to shipment, so I can also cancel then.  I just don't know if they send them for every AD.

Honored Contributor

@VeneziaSorry I nearly repeated your post.  I hadn't read other replies before writing.  You made several great points that I missed, too.