Valued Contributor

Hello Mods, On 11/9 I purchased Martha Stewart Curly Faux Fur Coat with Pockets for $119.50 and on 11/11 the price dropped to $89.63. I wrote CS and they replied with a refusal to make a price adjustment as special pricing was only for orders placed during that limited time offer as the price is now again $119.50.

On 11/11 I also contacted CS on three other items and was given the refund and two of the items are back to the original price.?.? Also, each was handled by a different rep.

Can someone explain the policy?

This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Respected Contributor

@redhead handbag queen  I'm not sure if it's 7 days or 30 days, but I've had good luck if I call at the time that the price is lower (usually within 7 days of my initial order) and ask the rep to put a note on my account regarding the lower price.

They have always honored it as long as I call back once the item had shipped and have them check the notes.  They are unable to make price adjustments before the item has shipped.   I've never had a problem doing that.   I never demand the difference (not implying that you did / just mentioning it), and try to be nice to the reps and it's always worked for me.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@redhead handbag queen - If an item is offered at a One Time Only price, it is only valid for that price during the live-on-air time of a specific show. This is a semi-new approach of featuring items and trying to increase the sense of buying urgency. Aside from this particular offer category, customer service seems to have no problem with honoring the 30-day price match guarantee on previously purchased items.

I started a thread on this topic elsewhere in the forums because I feel like QVC is not doing a good job of explaining the new offer parameters; it would make much more sense if it were called the This Show Only price to make it easier for customers to understand. Fortunately, it seems like most of the One Time Only offers are for new items, which seems like the right thing to do. If there's ever a One Time Only offer for an item you've already purchased and you call customer service during the live show featuring the offer, I would hope they would honor the price. That seems like a lot of hoop jumping, but it may get you the price you want while helping to accomplish QVC's purpose of trying to get people to watch more live shows.

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@redhead handbag queen - If an item is offered at a One Time Only price, it is only valid for that price during the live-on-air time of a specific show. This is a semi-new approach of featuring items and trying to increase the sense of buying urgency. Aside from this particular offer category, customer service seems to have no problem with honoring the 30-day price match guarantee on previously purchased items.

I started a thread on this topic elsewhere in the forums because I feel like QVC is not doing a good job of explaining the new offer parameters; it would make much more sense if it were called the This Show Only price to make it easier for customers to understand. Fortunately, it seems like most of the One Time Only offers are for new items, which seems like the right thing to do. If there's ever a One Time Only offer for an item you've already purchased and you call customer service during the live show featuring the offer, I would hope they would honor the price. That seems like a lot of hoop jumping, but it may get you the price you want while helping to accomplish QVC's purpose of trying to get people to watch more live shows.

This wasn't a one time only, I know that. I don't recall if it was a Cyber Special or Black Friday (something like that). Either way, that wouldn't explain why 3 out of 4 reps refunded the diffenence.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@redhead handbag queen- Email the moderators at Social.Team@QVC.com and explain the situation.  If the price dropped within 30 days of when you purchased it, you should get the difference refunded.

If they say they can't refund it, at least they can give you an explanation of why not.

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@redhead handbag queen- Email the moderators at Social.Team@QVC.com and explain the situation.  If the price dropped within 30 days of when you purchased it, you should get the difference refunded.

If they say they can't refund it, at least they can give you an explanation of why not.

Thanks so much for the suggestion, it really helped resolve this!