Esteemed Contributor

Re: Previously recorded shows

Just a sales tactic.

Super Contributor

You may want to check online for the current price prior to placing an order

Trusted Contributor

Equally bad is watching and go to order only to be told it i s sold out. Why can't they put a banner up that shows the item being sold on air is sold out in the rerun.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Since you know that the show is a rerun why do you watch it knowing that the quantity and prices have changed?  Thats a choice you make.

BUT THAT IS EXACTLY what QVC wants us to do, watch another show that costs them next to nothing and spend money!!!  I consider it bait and switch, I don't care how many flags and notices, when the host/vendor is saying that quantities are limited, almost out, and call now etc, folks are also rushed for the same reason!!  To spend money.

@Bhvbum 

That isn't what Bait and Switch means.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Since you know that the show is a rerun why do you watch it knowing that the quantity and prices have changed?  Thats a choice you make.

@Imaoldhippie 

For the prices of clothing, merchandise and shipping, information should be timely.  I am sorry I don't like to guess at what is current.  Most people don't.  Department stores have a tech person who keeps things adjusted and does not change from minute to minute.

Trusted Contributor

@chrissydc I understand your post, to a point. I am completely aware that if a show is previously recorded the items' price and availability may be different. It clearly states this on the screen, as well as common sense. With that said, I have watched video's online of items and when they state a price lower than the current price offered, I have a very difficult time making the purchase. In fact, I'm not sure I have ever bought the item. I rarely NEED anything offered so I will wait until it goes back down in price. 

Honored Contributor

That happened to me recently but I blame it on myself.  I was watching a prerecorded show around 6am and saw something I liked.  I called in my order and I was not paying a whole lot of attention....hadn't had my coffee.  It was only later in the afternoon when I checked my order that the item was more expensive, quite a bit more.  It just didn't occur to me to order on qvc.com and check the current price.  

Honored Contributor

1. @magicmoodz wrote:

@chrissydc 

I am in complete agreement with you. QVC is a billion dollar corporation. I don't mind reruns, because unlike many I don't tune in 24/7. But when they aren't providing accurate pricing...well, I take exception. It smacks of unprofessionalism.

The programs are clearly labeled pre-recorded and they clearly say that prices shown might not be in effect. They can't get more professional than that.  It's the responsibility of the customer to verify current prices.  Which I myself failed to do and suffered some sticker shock.  

Esteemed Contributor

I once watched one of these prerecorded shows and tried to order.  No luck, as the item was sold out.  So that was the end of ever watching rerun shows on QVC.

I don’t recall when QVC started doing this.  But it’s a way to fill air time with products that obviously didn’t sell when first presented, at higher prices for the leftover items.  Hmm, is that what is called a “two-fer”? The retailers I chose to deal with are up to date with stock information.

Occasional Contributor

I can’t agree more! It’s advertising bait and switch! I’ve been tricked by this in the past! If you’re saving money on previously recorded shows, you should honor the price on air. I don’t understand this nonsense.