Occasional Contributor

It's very annoying when you go to make a purchase based upon something you are watching and when you go to checkout the price is higher because the program was previously recorded and the price has changed since the original airing. If the company is going to be so cheap as to air reruns they should at least adjust the prices to reflect what is currently airing. When this happens you lose a sale because I would rather not purchase the item then to pay a higher price just because it's a rerun. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Previously recorded shows

Since you know that the show is a rerun why do you watch it knowing that the quantity and prices have changed?  Thats a choice you make.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@chrissydc 

I am in complete agreement with you. QVC is a billion dollar corporation. I don't mind reruns, because unlike many I don't tune in 24/7. But when they aren't providing accurate pricing...well, I take exception. It smacks of unprofessionalism.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sometimes watch prerecorded programs in the early morning hours if there was a show I wanted to see and missed.  I find all the complaints on these boards so tiresome.  I KNOW the show is prerecorded, and there is always a disclaimer that the price may be different.  If the item is more than what is shown on the prerecorded show and I want it, I either decide to buy it at the price it currently is or wait until it goes on sale.  With all the problems in the world, this is what someone complains about?  SMH

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg .......I think that some watch QVC just to find fault with the hosts or vendors or the products.  I call them Fault Finding Queens, and they are good at it too.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

There's nothing surreptitious or unprofessional with the reruns ( although personally I wish they would resume 24 live programming.)

Both QVC and HSN very, very clearly and frequently indicate onscreen that price and availability may have changed since original airing.

That, to me, more than suffices, disclosure wise.

They have other problems and issues.....but not this (for me.)

Honored Contributor

It's no different than watching a sitcom about Halloween in May. You know it's not Christmas. 

It's a rerun. Good grief. That word rerun says it all. 

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Since you know that the show is a rerun why do you watch it knowing that the quantity and prices have changed?  Thats a choice you make.

BUT THAT IS EXACTLY what QVC wants us to do, watch another show that costs them next to nothing and spend money!!!  I consider it bait and switch, I don't care how many flags and notices, when the host/vendor is saying that quantities are limited, almost out, and call now etc, folks are also rushed for the same reason!!  To spend money.

Esteemed Contributor

I applaud QVC for cutting costs and generating revenue simultaneously. 

That's what the Shareholders want and demand.

That is all there is.

There is no more.

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I applaud QVC for cutting costs and generating revenue simultaneously. 

That's what the Shareholders want and demand.

That is all there is.

There is no more.

How about you respect the opinions of others and we will respect yours.

That is all there is.

There is no more.