Poor Customer Service/Appreciation

Received an item that I didn't order, nor was I charged for.  Being an honest person, I called QVC to see if they could send me a postage-paid label to return the item.  I was told that I should take it to the post office, pay for it with my own money, then call back later to see about getting reimbursed for the postage.  Uh--hello?  I'm trying to do the right thing and let them know that I have an item here that I received in error, and I was told to go out of my way--twice--to make things right.  If I was a dishonest person, I could've just kept the item since I wasn't charged for it, but no, I tried to do the right thing and wasn't even thanked for being honest.  So, guess what?  I just stuck it in the bag with another item I was returning and let them try to figure out how I got it/where it came from.  One would think that an international company like QVC could afford a postage-free envelope for their own mistake!!! They angered me a few years ago, and I stopped shopping there for a while then went back.  This time, I'm permanently done with QVC!

Honored Contributor

Re: Poor Customer Service/Appreciation

I don’t blame you.  I’d be ticked off too.

i would not pay for postage to return an item.  Once an e-bay seller sent me my order twice.  The item was almost $80 and I did the honest thing too.  The seller promised me that he would refund my postage.  He never did.

i won’t ever fall for that again.

Last year personalization mall sent me someone else’s stuff.  I called them and asked how to return it.  They said, just keep it and they would sent a new order to the correct person.  That was good CS, but the item was personalized with someone else’s family name. So I donated it.

Honored Contributor

Several years ago, I too was honest and got somebody's Lock n' Lock included with my order. I called to say what happened and got a 'thanks, send it back' response. Didn't want to make a big deal, but I now had the name and address of another shopper, and that was worrisome to me. What if next person wasn't honest?

Trusted Contributor

That happened to me with Avon awhile ago.  I was sent 3 different boxes of someone's else order and I called CS and they mailed to me return labels for each and had FedEx picked them up.

It took time to do this but I too could have kept the items but I am honest and did not.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

ghost?

Respected Contributor

I recently ordered an item from evine. I did not get my ordered item, but was sent something else. I called customer service. I sent back the wrong item, and for my trouble they did not charge me s&h for my original order.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Received an item that I didn't order, nor was I charged for.  Being an honest person, I called QVC to see if they could send me a postage-paid label to return the item.  I was told that I should take it to the post office, pay for it with my own money, then call back later to see about getting reimbursed for the postage.  Uh--hello?  I'm trying to do the right thing and let them know that I have an item here that I received in error, and I was told to go out of my way--twice--to make things right.  If I was a dishonest person, I could've just kept the item since I wasn't charged for it, but no, I tried to do the right thing and wasn't even thanked for being honest.  So, guess what?  I just stuck it in the bag with another item I was returning and let them try to figure out how I got it/where it came from.  One would think that an international company like QVC could afford a postage-free envelope for their own mistake!!! They angered me a few years ago, and I stopped shopping there for a while then went back.  This time, I'm permanently done with QVC!

I'll never understand why something like this happens. It is horrible customer service.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

What has happened to good old common sense at QVC?

It seems to have left the building.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

ghost?

@SharkE  Invisible ink.  Rub urine or lemon juice on your screen to see what she fonted. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif