Esteemed Contributor

Please monitor your customer serv reps

I generally place QVC orders online but when I have questions I call and routinely receive great customer service. I waited ten minutes today, during heavy call volume, to inquire about items I ordered. I have no problem with heavy call volume times. After asking my name and phone number, an overwhelmed rep heavily sighed and transferred me to a Spanish recording, which proceeded to hang up on me. I called back and a different rep was wonderful and quickly answered my question. I hope phone reps are monitored by supervisors so the rude service can be addressed and terrific employees rewarded.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: Please monitor your customer serv reps

I call CS so infrequently that I don't remember if they say the phone calls are being monitored for quality control.  I remember only having difficulty with getting an answer to a question on the weekends. It's best to call back until you can get a rep to satisfy your request.

Valued Contributor

There must have been a glitch in the call transmission as the CS reps at the Q are very, very helpful. 

Esteemed Contributor

First time to complain about customer service. The rude way the rep asked for my name and phone number along with deep, agitated sigh before unannounced transfer let me know she wasn't having a good day, which flowed to the customer. Agree. Reps are routinely great for me as well. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

QVC used to have consistent great customer service in the 90’s.  Sometimes I would get the same C/S rep.  Now it just depends on when you call. 

Honored Contributor

I think the reps do extremely well -  and we at a distance have no idea why on rare occasions our own needs aren't met the way we think they should be. 

Sometimes there's an error - rep hits the wrong key, sometimes it's that they just spent 10 minutes with a rude customer (yes, there are those),  sometimes someone is just having a bad day, and sometimes what one person perceives of a rudeness isn't that at all.  Over and over agin here I read comments from posters who KNOW they've heard rudeness on the air when others who saw the same exchange didn't see rudeness at all.

Honored Contributor

@jeanlake.  How was the CSR rude; because she sighed or because she mistakenly transferred you to the wrong extension?  Considering what they've had to put up with this week, its a wonder theyre not all stark raving mad.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I think the reps do extremely well -  and we at a distance have no idea why on rare occasions our own needs aren't met the way we think they should be. 

Sometimes there's an error - rep hits the wrong key, sometimes it's that they just spent 10 minutes with a rude customer (yes, there are those),  sometimes someone is just having a bad day, and sometimes what one person perceives of a rudeness isn't that at all.  Over and over agin here I read comments from posters who KNOW they've heard rudeness on the air when others who saw the same exchange didn't see rudeness at all.

Maybe they had a day where all the customers they had to deal with were rude and they yell and call you horrible names.  CS reps are human too.  You never know what kind of things they are dealing with in their home life.  If I consistently got bad CS reps, then there is an issue.  But give them a break once in a while.

Honored Contributor

We even have posters here snapping at moderators who offer to help them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Monitoring calls is not a bad idea.  Many companies monitor calls.