Frequent Contributor

Please help me with my FULL tracking number

[ Edited ]

I just had an order that was shipped yesterday (Order Number: Personal info removed) however I do not have a full tracking number for my shipment to be able to track it on the UPS website which I like to always do. The package is coming via UPS mail innovations which will then be transferred over to the post office USPS for final delivery. I have received many packages like this over the years and was able to track them without issue but QVC only provides a partial tracking number in the customer account portal and I cannot use a partial tracking number at either UPS or USPS. I need the entire tracking number. I have tried to do a chat and got nowhere with the CSR. Can someone please send me a complete tracking number for my shipment so that I am able to track it outside of the QVC account portal?? I do not like only relying on the QVC portal to track my shipments.

Since it is coming via UPS then USPS there will be a 1Z followed by more numbers..

Smiley HappyThanks for your help in advance..

QVC Customer Care

Re: Please help me with my FULL tracking number

@AngelWhispers   I will take a look at the order and email you what info I can provide.

Susan Q-Social

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelWhispers wrote:

I just had an order that was shipped yesterday (Order Number: Personal info removed) however I do not have a full tracking number for my shipment to be able to track it on the UPS website which I like to always do. The package is coming via UPS mail innovations which will then be transferred over to the post office USPS for final delivery. I have received many packages like this over the years and was able to track them without issue but QVC only provides a partial tracking number in the customer account portal and I cannot use a partial tracking number at either UPS or USPS. I need the entire tracking number. I have tried to do a chat and got nowhere with the CSR. Can someone please send me a complete tracking number for my shipment so that I am able to track it outside of the QVC account portal?? I do not like only relying on the QVC portal to track my shipments.

Since it is coming via UPS then USPS there will be a 1Z followed by more numbers..

@AngelWhispers - Were you given a tracking number that includes letters or one that has only numbers?

If it includes letters and you cannot track it on the UPS website right now, know that occasionally it requires 24 hours to get the number into the system for progress updates, especially with the recent changes to the UPS interface.

If the tracking number is numeric only, the package will be coming via USPS. If the number does not already begin with "9," add a "92" at the beginning when you enter the number on the USPS website. Occasionally, QVC only shares its own tracking number rather than the full one for USPS, and that "92" addition should do the trick.

Frequent Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@AngelWhispers wrote:

@AngelWhispers - Were you given a tracking number that includes letters or one that has only numbers?

If it includes letters and you cannot track it on the UPS website right now, know that occasionally it requires 24 hours to get the number into the system for progress updates, especially with the recent changes to the UPS interface.

If the tracking number is numeric only, the package will be coming via USPS. If the number does not already begin with "9," add a "92" at the beginning when you enter the number on the USPS website. Occasionally, QVC only shares its own tracking number rather than the full one for USPS, and that "92" addition should do the trick.

My tracking only had numbers and it started with an 8 and unfortunately adding any USPS beginning numbers like 92 or 9401, etc did not work at all. Actually the USPS tracking number was completely different than the one that was showing in my QVC Account. QVCSusan did assist me with this issue. Smiley Wink 

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelWhispers - I'm glad you got some help. Good luck with your package!

Frequent Contributor

Smiley Wink Thanks hun! Me too..

Honored Contributor

@AngelWhispers,  Vendors don't always update shipping info as quickly or as completely as the actual shipping sites do.   

Instead of relying on the vendor sites, I use these free services and get alerts on my computer or mobile devices.  

A few years ago I started using the free tracking alerts from these 3 major shippers and found that I get better info this way.   In some cases you can register your name and address several different ways to be sure it's always recognized.  

Then, whenever the shipping site "sees" your name/address entered by a vendor, it triggers alerts for you.   

I receive email alerts when packages are sent and delivered (and all the activity when they're in transit).   Text alerts are available, too.   Shipments requiring a signature usually give a heads up about this in the email, prior to delivery, and often will allow me to sign online if I choose.  

Here are some links, for those interested. 

UPS My Choice 

https://www.ups.com/mychoice/welcome.html

FedEx Delivery Manager®

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/?locale=en_US 

Informed Delivery® by USPS®

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

I always just click on the tracking nimber in my order status. 

Frequent Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@AngelWhispers,  Vendors don't always update shipping info as quickly or as completely as the actual shipping sites do.   

Instead of relying on the vendor sites, I use these free services and get alerts on my computer or mobile devices.  

A few years ago I started using the free tracking alerts from these 3 major shippers and found that I get better info this way.   In some cases you can register your name and address several different ways to be sure it's always recognized.  

Then, whenever the shipping site "sees" your name/address entered by a vendor, it triggers alerts for you.   

I receive email alerts when packages are sent and delivered (and all the activity when they're in transit).   Text alerts are available, too.   Shipments requiring a signature usually give a heads up about this in the email, prior to delivery, and often will allow me to sign online if I choose.  

Here are some links, for those interested. 

UPS My Choice 

https://www.ups.com/mychoice/welcome.html

FedEx Delivery Manager®

https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/?locale=en_US 

Informed Delivery® by USPS®

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Thanks, I am signed up with Informed delivery and that is one reason that I needed to full tracking number. I dont like to rely on my account in QVC to track my orders..This also goes for any website that I order from. I would rather track straight from the carrier website instead. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelWhispers wrote:

Thanks, I am signed up with Informed delivery and that is one reason that I needed to full tracking number. I dont like to rely on my account in QVC to track my orders..This also goes for any website that I order from. I would rather track straight from the carrier website instead. Smiley Wink

Hi, @AngelWhispers!    You're welcome.😊   I mentioned these notification programs because I normally get an email alert with the full tracking number as soon as it's entered into their system -- the shipments and complete numbers appear on the UPS, USPS, and Fedex accounts and since they recognize my name/address I have the complete info often before the vendor alerts me or updates their retail website.   I'm glad you were already aware of this, and I hope all is well.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova