Contributor

Please Include Type of Fabric In Description

The description of QVC clothing falls quite short...in order for all who shop  and especially those who use .com or look at the video  a more precise description of the fabric content of the garment would be high appreciated....for example its the fabric a woven or knit  or a woven llike fabrication

the descriptions are so lax   that in a  lot of cases.....the garment is a surprise when you 

receive it.....even zulily which you own....tells you when a garment is semi sheer sheer or   has  sheer  sleeves.....has a woven body with a lace sleeve etc....this would be greatly appreciated  and would help us all make a more informed choice

The videos  offer none of this  most hosts  sepnd so much time telling you how you could wear the garment and no time  on the the basics...........I think it is safe to say  most women know  on what occasion they are going to wear the garment..

Also in particular line of logo  Ms. Goldstein uses so many different fabrications  it would be nice to actually have descriptions which indicate this....

another idea would be to have the  I am not looking for a friend in the video...I am looking for information...I am 100% a .com shopper.  

Super Contributor

Re: Please Include Type of Fabric In Description

I am impressed by Evin e's description of different colorways for their clothing and handbags. They are very detailed, down to the color of stitching on each purse. Maybe the Q should get a hint.

Valued Contributor

Hi @theladyinred,

I will certainly pass along this request! You'd like a more thorough description of the fabric on QVC.com and in our presentations.

Brittany 

Frequent Contributor

You are right about Evine. I saw their fashion show a couple of weeks ago. I was impressed. They really explain the details of the item and also show very close up shots of the fabric. Looking at a distance you'd never know how the garment looked close up and it makes a remarkable difference. That is how an item should be presented. 

Frequent Contributor

...also close up shots of the fabric would be good!

Honored Contributor

@theladyinred, Very well said!

Regular Contributor

I'm happy to see some actually agree with me on this topic. (I started a thread about a month ago and got absolutely no agreement) I am also tired of the "same old, same old" colors. The only line that offers newer interesting colors is LOGO and I don't think the styles are right for me.

Come on Graver, Denim & Co and others. When I view an item and it's the same primary colors, I pass immediately. If the styles are all so similar, the only thing that might make them looks a bit different would be the color.

I would also appreciate some description of the clothing item that may not be obvious with a description, such as "although this pant has 2% spandex, there is little stretch in the waist." I'm tired of all the return postage I'm spending for the lack of proper descriptions.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@theladyinred wrote:

The description of QVC clothing falls quite short...in order for all who shop  and especially those who use .com or look at the video  a more precise description of the fabric content of the garment would be high appreciated....for example its the fabric a woven or knit  or a woven llike fabrication

the descriptions are so lax   that in a  lot of cases.....the garment is a surprise when you 

receive it.....even zulily which you own....tells you when a garment is semi sheer sheer or   has  sheer  sleeves.....has a woven body with a lace sleeve etc....this would be greatly appreciated  and would help us all make a more informed choice

The videos  offer none of this  most hosts  sepnd so much time telling you how you could wear the garment and no time  on the the basics...........I think it is safe to say  most women know  on what occasion they are going to wear the garment..

Also in particular line of logo  Ms. Goldstein uses so many different fabrications  it would be nice to actually have descriptions which indicate this....

another idea would be to have the  I am not looking for a friend in the video...I am looking for information...I am 100% a .com shopper.  

@theladyinred

We have been asking for more information on air and online from QVC for a long time. There is enough time provided that hosts should be able to share garment information well before lauching into their personal stories. Thank you for adding your voice.  ( @mysterylady Not everyone sees every thread so if you did not receive enough feedback from your other one, that may be why.)

And good grief, why QVC insists on repeating that we can "wear it to church, to a wedding shower, to play with the grandchildren," ad infinitum.  That is all such a waste of time, and annoying as well.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.