Trusted Contributor
Accepted Solution

Photos in emails/ads don’t link to Item

This is a “suggestion” I suppose, and I think it frustrates others too.

When I get marketing emails from QVC they often include images of items that are for sale. But when I click on the item, it doesn’t take me to that page, and I have to search for it.. and sometimes don’t know what to even search for.

Example today where I got a QVC email about toys available for Christmas delivery, and the photo included 4-5 toys including a teddy bear, a Yoda doll, etc. I clicked on that image, and the yoda doll and teddy bear are no where to be found. You’d think a link should take you directly to the item(s) in the photo, but they never do.

Anyway, it’s just a suggestion to add a landing page on the site where customers can easily access anything photographed in an email. Even if there was just a dedicated “as seen in email” page where QVC stored all items they’ve advertised to us would he very helpful and perhaps an easy solution for the web team!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Photos in emails/ads don’t link to Item

@Mrsq2022.  Excellent suggestion but only if they actually want to SELL those items.  Sometimes you wonder....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Mrsq2022 A picture of multiple items can't link you to one item.  It's just a picture of the possible toys available just like any other toy ad.  Unless they were directly advertising one item the best they could do with a picture of multiple items is link you to the "toys" section of QVC.  If the items are not there you should use the search bar.  or the use the filters/sort by on the side or at the top.  Yes they should only post toys that are available (if those were not) but at the same time if multiple pictures are there, if it brings you to the correct department then it's up to you to search for the item you wanted.  I'm not sure how a picture of multiple items was supposed to bring up the one specific item in the picture you wanted.   It's just like if they show several "Susan Graver" tops and you click on it...it won't take you to those tops but rather Susan Graver's pages of available items.  Usually this is done in the hopes you will find something more than just the one or two items that caught your attention.  

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:
This is a “suggestion” I suppose, and I think it frustrates others too.

When I get marketing emails from QVC they often include images of items that are for sale. But when I click on the item, it doesn’t take me to that page, and I have to search for it.. and sometimes don’t know what to even search for.

Example today where I got a QVC email about toys available for Christmas delivery, and the photo included 4-5 toys including a teddy bear, a Yoda doll, etc. I clicked on that image, and the yoda doll and teddy bear are no where to be found. You’d think a link should take you directly to the item(s) in the photo, but they never do.

Anyway, it’s just a suggestion to add a landing page on the site where customers can easily access anything photographed in an email. Even if there was just a dedicated “as seen in email” page where QVC stored all items they’ve advertised to us would he very helpful and perhaps an easy solution for the web team!

I would prefer something like this, or even just small item numbers on the email, rather than having to click within it.  I don't like clicking on anything I get in an email.  I'd much rather go to the website itself.

That said, I agree there needs to be some way to identify items QVC is (supposedly) promoting to us.  Not only in their emails, but on the homepage as well.  How many times have people asked in these forums about item numbers for items shown on the homepage?!  

Frankly, I think QVC needs to do some major investing in their online 'presence' all the way around.  So much is frustrating.

Honored Contributor

it appears the IT people don't know how to hyperlink anything here.

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear  yes, I get a lot of emails from vendors and even some of the small mom and pop vendors are able to insert hyperlinks into emails for ease of purchase.... not that it's a good thing for me lol!

but yes, that's what I meant @jackthebear  and I don't work  in IT,but marketing relies on tech as well.  And "consumer fatigue" is real.  People click on an 8mage in an email, expect to be directed via dynamic link, and if they don't arrive where expected, may "search" for 5-10 seconds before leaving.  But most consumers won't "search" they will click the link, see they haven't been brought to the page/item they were expecting, and leave the website.

This is not intended as a criticism of QVC, it's a suggestion for them.