Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Paying Off Easy Pay Frustration!

I'm attempting to pay off some items that have a few months left on easy pay but what a real pain it's turned out to be.  Apparently, QVC sends through separate charges even though I'm attempting to pay off the full balance on an item.  These separate charges appear to the credit card as multiple authorizations and don't allow the charges.  I've had this issue before.  It's not just a certain card it's the way Q has the system set up.  Please fix it so when we choose to pay off the balance of an easy pay it doesn't do the separate easy pay charges but the full balance instead.  Now I have this mess to try and figure out.  Please help....   

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Paying Off Easy Pay Frustration!

I am not sure what is confusing. You go to the balance on each purchase and it states pay balance. You touch the button and it pays the entire balance. The reason it puts each month on your credit card that is the way the system works. When you go to your easy pay, it will show you the purchases you still owe.  If you pay off all your easy pays on all purchases, you will not have a balance for that month or item. It is very simple. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

I am not sure what is confusing. You go to the balance on each purchase and it states pay balance. You touch the button and it pays the entire balance. The reason it puts each month on your credit card that is the way the system works. When you go to your easy pay, it will show you the purchases you still owe.  If you pay off all your easy pays on all purchases, you will not have a balance for that month or item. It is very simple. 

Thank you for the info ... as I am getting ready to pay off my easy pays next

week ....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't like easy pay.  I just think it's just as easy to charge the whole thing when I'm ordering and be done with it.  Easier for me to keep track of what I'm charging and not fake myself out thinking --- oh, I can buy more and only have to pay this or that.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it should be very simple.  Let's say I owe 15 dollars on a purchase that breaks down to three easy pays of 5 dollars.  I hit pay balance which sends through three separate authorizations on my card.  The card (happens on multiple cards) doesn't allow the authorizations because it sees it has suspicious activity and declines it.  I understand completely what's going on but Qs system should just send on authorization for 15 dollars instead of the three separate 5 dollars.  It's hard to explain but I know it's simple it's just the wonderful world of technology 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I spoke with customer service on the phone and she stated it happens because many cards only allow so many transactions per day.  It's because scammers often will send through several small amounts.  She was so nice and took care of my issue!  She was so very kind!  Thank you customer service!!! 

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I like easy pay because 1/2 the time the thing doesn’t fit even though it’s the same size I’d wear...

That way when I send it back I’m only out X amount to try the thing on.

That does mean I have to keep X amount of money available but that’s OK too.

Sometimes I go ahead and just pay off some of what I keep.

It does drive me crazy when my daughter sends back stuff and doesn’t tell me...but it isn’t the Q’s fault.

It’s all about choices, our choices.  Like they say, not a lot of places offer easy pay.

My friend who works for me, uses easy pay because she can get things she couldn’t otherwise buy.

As always, there are 2 sides to every story.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Qfan79 wrote:

I'm attempting to pay off some items that have a few months left on easy pay but what a real pain it's turned out to be.  Apparently, QVC sends through separate charges even though I'm attempting to pay off the full balance on an item.  These separate charges appear to the credit card as multiple authorizations and don't allow the charges.  I've had this issue before.  It's not just a certain card it's the way Q has the system set up.  Please fix it so when we choose to pay off the balance of an easy pay it doesn't do the separate easy pay charges but the full balance instead.  Now I have this mess to try and figure out.  Please help....   

I agree.  The issue is ea payment is processed individually versus one payment.  When your CC gets 4 payment for $4.50, it looks at it as fraud or duplicative and will only process one.  I think it is the CC fraud protection to be honest.  I have received a text from some of my CC to approve/acknowledge it is non-fraudulent.  However, at times still have issue processing payments for the same amt at same time.  I have called CC to let them know it’s not fraud, but have still issues and have processed on different cards to get them to process.

If you use Q-card, you can process ONE payment, but not everyone wants to use their Q-card.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Qfan79 wrote:

Yes, it should be very simple.  Let's say I owe 15 dollars on a purchase that breaks down to three easy pays of 5 dollars.  I hit pay balance which sends through three separate authorizations on my card.  The card (happens on multiple cards) doesn't allow the authorizations because it sees it has suspicious activity and declines it.  I understand completely what's going on but Qs system should just send on authorization for 15 dollars instead of the three separate 5 dollars.  It's hard to explain but I know it's simple it's just the wonderful world of technology 

I get it and have had the same issues with processing easy pays.