Super Contributor

Past Due Easy Pay Problem

[ Edited ]
I just sent an email about not being able to place an order for 24 hours due to a past due easy pay which, i just took care of but it apparently takes 24 hours to get it okay for orders- 
As a 25 year long plus QVC customer I'm very upset that you don't find out until you're trying to place a timely order on a hot TSV item, that you have a past due Easy Pay and it makes it so you can't order - in my case, I've tried repeatedly to amend the American Express expiration date and it never gets corrected- 
My question is, why doesn't QVC send an email to alert you of a past due easy pay, then you have a chance of taking care of it before trying to place an order that may sell out quickly and then you're out of luck! 
I've always taken care of any easy pay payments and to be honest, find it not at all prudent that QVC doesn't alert you via email about a payment problem. 
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this~ 
Super Contributor

Re: Past Due Easy Pay Problem

I forgot to add, if nothing else, it would be incredibly helpful if QVC would implement giving 24 hour Notice on their website regarding a Past Due problem on an Eaay Pay payment, unless of course you're a constant offender ~ truly, that would go a long way especially if you were not aware, that an Eaay Pay didn't go through - especially if for a relatively small amount such as $35 or less.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this I appreciate it, hope someone from Social Care team sees this!

Valued Contributor

I was told it takes 4 days for them to process it.  Hoping it allows me to order soon.

Honored Contributor

QVC could set it up so that notification is made as soon as their system is informed the charge was turned down.

Of course, since you said you tried entering the new expiration date repeatedly, you should have notified QVC after the first time it wasn't accepted.

I also had a similar problem with a card update not being accepted, but I noticed it right away.  I deleted the old card, then entered the new one rather than trying to just change the date on the old card.  It, then, accepted it.  

If I recall correctly, someone else reported here having the same problem.  So, it sounds like QVC has a glitch in their system. 

Super Contributor

@Foxxee  the thing is, at least 2 times I was assured that the expiration date for my card had been updated - so I thought all was well - also, it's a card I don't use that frequently, and with all that's been going on in the world, I don't have it on the top of my mind to be honest - I'm lucky if I know my name sometimes lol (slightly exaggerating, Ha!) - seriously, there could be a better way for QVC to handle it, in today's busy times it can slip your mind to be sure and update an expiration date.

I can see of course if someone is going over the limit of their card, that's something you should know. 

I'd just like to see them give notice of some kind, so it doesn't take you by total surprise and takes away being able to order, in particular if it's an incredibly popular TSV day lol... then again I probably spend too much on QVC these days since the lockdown etc, so maybe just as well (lol!)! 

Honored Contributor

@DooneyGal2 wrote:
I just sent an email about not being able to place an order for 24 hours due to a past due easy pay which, i just took care of but it apparently takes 24 hours to get it okay for orders- 
As a 25 year long plus QVC customer I'm very upset that you don't find out until you're trying to place a timely order on a hot TSV item, that you have a past due Easy Pay and it makes it so you can't order - in my case, I've tried repeatedly to amend the American Express expiration date and it never gets corrected- 
My question is, why doesn't QVC send an email to alert you of a past due easy pay, then you have a chance of taking care of it before trying to place an order that may sell out quickly and then you're out of luck! 
I've always taken care of any easy pay payments and to be honest, find it not at all prudent that QVC doesn't alert you via email about a payment problem. 
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this~ 

You missed a payment. Q waits 24 hours to be sure the recent payment goes through. Don't blame Q for your own mistake.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't call it a mistake. It was an oversight. If you seldom use a card and keep it only for online automatic transactions, do you have committed to memory its expiration date?

Other websites are capable of notifying customers the month before a card on file expires. It's not like the technology doesn't exist.

Esteemed Contributor

@DooneyGal2  Your issuee is with Synchrony Bank not QVC.  They issue and support the Q card. They made the decision to suspend your card, not QVC. Are you calling the Qcard customer service number on the back of your card?

Honored Contributor

My card expires every three years, I think.  I've learned to delete the card and enter the SAME NUMBER as a new card with the new date.  I also used to do this when QVC kept asking you to change your name on the board.  I kept entering depglass and it always went through. I'll tell you what, though. I work with a debit card only.  Those banks just love to mess you up so they can charge you a hefty service charge.  

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@DooneyGal2  Your issuee is with Synchrony Bank not QVC.  They issue and support the Q card. They made the decision to suspend your card, not QVC. Are you calling the Qcard customer service number on the back of your card?

@mspatmac,  OP stated that it was an American Express card not a Q Card.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.