Esteemed Contributor

Packages with holes in them from Post Office

What is going on with the Post Offices !  Atleast 80% of my packages have  had  holes in them when they arrived at my mail box.  Am glade that the items have not been damaged . This last pkg went through petersburg pa, then harrisburg Pa, then Baltimore Md  then onto 2 other MD post offices.  Has anyone else had these problems lately ? I've reported this issue  to QVC .

Honored Contributor

Re: Packages with holes in them from Post Office

I doubt that QVC has that kind of power over the post office, but who knows, maybe they do. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You need to report it to the Postmaster General.  QVC is not responsible for damaged mail.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

It's not just QVC. DH ordered some cigars. The box was mashed & open. The mail lady left the package. I sent DH pics asking if that was what was supposed to be in the box. He replied No. The mail lady brought back the other cigars that had fell out of the box. The cigars were in good shape.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44: This sounds like an issue that should be addressed with the Post Office...not QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

A couple weeks back i had 3 packages come with a rip

hole in them....any more i was going to go to the Post office.....but so far no more rips.....very suspicious...

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz , didn´t  mean to laugh but I had to. At least she brought back the cigars that fell from the package.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@Nightowlz , didn´t  mean to laugh but I had to. At least she brought back the cigars that fell from the package.

@Sage04 

Oh I'm so glad she did. I would never hear the end of it from DH if you know what I mean. He would have been complaning about it until he received what he should have.

They probably should not use our packages as a footballs while loading their trucks. LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thought abt  going to the Post Office , but  figured they  usually  don' t care  and figure if it's  damaged then  the company will fix it . Maybe , the machines are old  or the QVC oversized bags are getting stuck in  a conveyor belt ???

Respected Contributor

Thinking some of the damages are from the process of shipping the packages from one point to the next. Last week I received a box (delivered by UPS) that looked like it had been opened and retaped. I immediately opened and inventoried....thankfully all the items were inside.

The rest of the week delivered packages were all dirty like they had been in the back of a truck full of dirt. Don't think anything can be done on either side. If your items are damaged, I would submit the claims. Maybe an influx of claims might cause the shipping companies to take another look at how the packages are handled from pick-up to final delivery...just a thought.