Trusted Contributor

Package was in my town THEN sent to another town...

without being delivered to me.  I'm not understanding this. I'm hanging on the line now with USPS.  Has this happened to anyone? May 7 it showed that it was in my town, then today, May 10, it's in another town!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Package was in my town THEN sent to another town...

[ Edited ]

@newjersey 

Yes, it happened to me. A package was at my local delivery office then was sent to a city 2 states away from me 3 times before it finally was delivered to me.  No one knew why this occurred. The address on the package was correct.

Valued Contributor

I had one go to Puerto Rico on the way from QVC to CT!

Contributor

This happened to me around the holidays.  I watched as a tracked package (not ordered from QVC) circled around the Baltimore/Washington metropolitan area.  It shipped from New England and for 15 days seemed to go to random post offices around the metro area.  The address was correct and not complicated. It did finally arrive. (But I had talked with the vendor - who was also tracking it) and we were prepared to cancel out and start again.  Frustrating for sure - with no known reason (i.e. no accountability).  

Esteemed Contributor

I just went thru this last weekend. The mailing address was correct but I was told the barcode on the package was probably incorrect.

The barcode is created by UPS or Fed Ex and it dictates what post office to send it to for that gawd awful SMART POST.

DS lives on a street that borders two cities. Both shippers believe he lives in the other city so the barcode is always wrong.

I finally called the post office that had the package and said PLEASE DONT SEND IT BACK TO THE SORT FACILITY. I'll come and pick it up if you hold it. 

The post office had sent it back to the sort facility twice already.

Honored Contributor

Yes that's happened to me. While checking tracking my package started going farther away from me once it almost got here? I think my package got a ride on the wrong truck since it headed back this way the day after it started moving farther away from me.

Super Contributor

Yes, that's happened to me also..  

Honored Contributor

I've had this happen twice in the past 6 weeks.  It's beyong frustrating to have your package so close then snatched away from you.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a message one time from UPS on my tracking information my package would be delayed because of an error...it was put on the wrong truck.  Couldn't believe what I was reading...that UPS actually admitted it.

It wasn't a QVC package. It was a box I sent to someone...paid for up front.  

UPS is always in such a hurry, I can see how there might be quite a few errors.  

Honored Contributor

I got finished with a saga between FedEx  and Shopbop several months ago.  I posted it here.  I received notification from FedEx my package was delivered.  Not there.  Traveled the neighborhood searching for it.  Had to call Shopbop.  Not sure they believed me.  Called FedEx.  Found out my package was delivered to my street address, but 5 states away.  My zip code was correct.  Turned out it was tossed on to another truck heading there. Finally got it back two days later. There is always going to be at least one mess up.