Esteemed Contributor
Moderators. The dreaded authentication problem is back. I have had to attempt to sign in st least 10 times. Please notify IT abd te them to fix this problem once and for all PLEASE

I have never known a site with so many issues
Honored Contributor

Re: PROBLEM SIGNING IN AGAIN

That’s strange. I had no problem. Maybe it’s certain devices that are having the problem.

Esteemed Contributor

I use my IPhoneXR abd I have this problem all the time. I just don’t understand it
Honored Contributor

I am on an IPad 6.

Honored Contributor

I've never had this problem on my laptop.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Never had this problem with my Moto phone or with my windows computers when I had them. I now have Chrombooks and no problem at all. Maybe it is with certain devices O/P?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teddixat,  I'm having no problem logging in with any of my Apple devices, and I don't have a history of a problem logging in here and haven't seen others reporting this.   

I agree this website is dreadfully glitchy, but I'm thinking your login issue is associated with your device.

It would help to know specifically what happens when you try to sign in.   

Exactly what authentication error do you see?

Are you using the native Safari browser on your iPhone XR?

Have you updated the iOS to 12.2?   Also, do you regularly clear all cookies/history/website data?

Sorry for all the questions, but it's difficult to troubleshoot the problem without details.   This also could be related to your settings on the phone, but the other basics I mentioned are first-line troubleshooting.   I'm sorry you're having problems...  I know it can be exasperating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[For reference:   All of my devices have the most current operating system and browser software versions for those devices (some of my devices are old).   I use an iMac (macOS 10.13.6) with either Google Chrome (v. 73.0.3683.103), or Safari (v. 12.​1), or Firefox (v. 66.0.2).   Also,  I use the the mobile Safari browser on my iPad 6 (iOS 12.​2), iPhone 5 (iOS 10.3.3), and iPad 3 (iOS 9.3.5).]

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I don’t have trouble signing in, but I often have trouble staying signed in.  Sometimes it’s fine for hours, other times I get booted out continuously.

I do hope that as part of Qurate’s integration of QVC and HSN that they improve Q’s website and forums.  They both could use some work.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I don’t have trouble signing in, but I often have trouble staying signed in.  Sometimes it’s fine for hours, other times I get booted out continuously.

I do hope that as part of Qurate’s integration of QVC and HSN that they improve Q’s website and forums.  They both could use some work.

@geezerette,  Do you happen to have the background app refresh enabled for the mobile browser?   If so, that could be the culprit (logging you out frequently).    Also, closing the browser app in background can cause this (sometimes closing the tab will, too).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette,  Do you happen to have the background app refresh enabled for the mobile browser?   If so, that could be the culprit (logging you out frequently).    Also, closing the browser app in background can cause this (sometimes closing the tab will, too).

@dooBdoo 

Not for the browser, but I do have some other apps that I have enabled that I need updated continuously.  It’s not really a big deal, but it can get frustrating sometimes when I’m right in the middle of writing a post!😬

Thanks for the info.🥰👍  I do realize that closing the browser will do it.  Or sometimes just going to another website.  This should be my only problem in life! 😄