Trusted Contributor

It is really no biggy but I have several of my recent posts that have the same number!  It is #335!  Has anyone else noticed this?Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: POSTS WITH THE SAME NUMBER?

@Newgate

On this post, you have 336.

Honored Contributor

it isnt the number of your post......it is your total post number. with your original post on this thread you are up to #336.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

it isnt the number of your post......it is your total post number. with your original post on this thread you are up to #336.

@sunshine45@lolakimono  What I am trying to say is I have about 3 or more posts that have the number reached as 335!   It did move to 336 with my post you just replied to!   I do understand the numbering system!!   As I said it is no biggy but I wonder why that happened!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45@lolakimono  What I am trying to say is I have about 3 or more posts that have the number reached as 335!   It did move to 336 with my post you just replied to!   I do understand the numbering system!!   As I said it is no biggy but I wonder why that happened!  Thanks!

also take into consideration threads that may have been deleted/removed. you will lose a post or a  number of posts when that happens.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Newgate wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

also take into consideration threads that may have been deleted/removed. you will lose a post or a  number of posts when that happens.

@sunshine45, The post count doesn't change when posts are removed, but I think it might've been so with the older platform.  (A good way to illustrate that fact:  when one of those "newbies" show up spamming, we can look at their account and their name is there and the post count is still there, but all their posts are gone.)   Any "hearts" or "@ notifications" received on removed posts do go away, though.   @Newgate, maybe the system just had a technical glitch, a slowdown, and didn't quickly increment your post count.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

thanks @dooBdoo.....i guess i have never really noticed that before and just assumed that if a thread was deleted then so were the posts and the counts.

Respected Contributor

I have noticed that within a thread if I have multiple posts the count number for all of them is the same. If I then move to another thread and post, the total number changes. 

Respected Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I have noticed that within a thread if I have multiple posts the count number for all of them is the same. If I then move to another thread and post, the total number changes. 

Yes, because the number is the total posts.  When you post again, the number goes up by one.  The new total is shown on all your posts on all threads.

Respected Contributor

@Newgate, yes I have seen that & don't understand it either, sorry I can't answer your question but wondered the same thing