Trusted Contributor
Accepted Solution

PO says Delivered but where is it?

I received notification that a package was delivered by the PO on 
Wednesday but it sure wasn't delivered to me.  Any suggestions on what to do now?  I'm thinking that the PO won't care since they will claim they delivered it.  Funny thing at the time of delivery I was standing by my window and saw their truck across the street but neighbors didn't get my package either.  Will visit the PO today and see what they say.

Honored Contributor

Re: PO says Delivered but where is it?

[ Edited ]

@chlema  A friend of mine was a part time delivery person for the PO and said that many mailpeople will scan packages as delivered so it will not show up as work not completed and then if they get time sometime in the future they would then deliver it.  They don't have the time due to weather or an extra heavy amount of mail to be delivered, etc so that is what they do so as not to get in trouble or have to end up working late delivering evverything.  The package could also have been delivered to another address not on your street.  I had one from Evine that was delivered a week after it was showing as being delivered.  I called about it and was told by both Evine and the PO that I needed to wait 7 days before anything could be done.

QVC Customer Care

@chlema wrote:

I received notification that a package was delivered by the PO on 
Wednesday but it sure wasn't delivered to me.  Any suggestions on what to do now?  I'm thinking that the PO won't care since they will claim they delivered it.  Funny thing at the time of delivery I was standing by my window and saw their truck across the street but neighbors didn't get my package either.  Will visit the PO today and see what they say.

Hi @chlema - good morning, I'm sorry that your package was not received and PO states delivered. I can help with a refund or replacement, please email me at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with the order or item number, thank you. ~Kim

Honored Contributor

A few years ago, I was sitting right here at my computer from which I can see the street.  UPS truck pulled up and I was pleased -  had a package due.  Driver got out, went elsewhere (I couldn't see where), got back in his truck and drove away!  Then I tracked my package -  you got it  "Delivered".

When I saw the driver the next day, I went out and spoke to him.  First he denied.  When I described what I saw he turned and ran down a short side street.  Came back in a few seconds and admitted what he'd done!  I was taken care of, but to this day, I never think one delivery service is all that much better than another.

Hope your issue works out as well.

Honored Contributor

I can remember a time when people took their jobs seriously and was just glad to be getting a paycheck. Performed what they were getting paid for and cared about their customers.

Sigh.......those days are gone.

Honored Contributor

I have had a few situations like this.  What I did was email the Postmaster General.  The same day I got a call from the PO saying they would check into the matter and let me know.  Within 24 hrs I got my packages and one of them was delivered on a Sunday.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I had the same experience once and after I had called to notify the company I purchased from to receive credit the package showed up.I then had to call the company back to say I received it.They gave me a store credit of 25.00 which was nice.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @Kim-QVC - I'll wait another day, before I contact you just in case it does get delivered.  Thank you so much for your response.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've read scenarios of mailcarriers scanning packages as they load their vehicle at the P.O.

In that case your package can disappear before before the vehicle leaves P.O. grounds.

My mailcarrier walks into my yard with my package in one hand and his scanner in the other. He scans that package just the second before he sets it down in my hidden 'package area', so the delivery timestamp is accurate.

My guy is terrific, but I suffered for ages with a string of lazy and incompetent mailcarriers.

Honored Contributor

I’ve had that happen too. I call QVC immediately and they are extremely helpful. Thats why I’ve been shopping for 30 yrs at the Q.