Honored Contributor

PAID OWN RETURN POSTAGE, BUT $6.95 DEDUCTED -- AGAIN!

[ Edited ]

This has happened to me MANY times ..... too many times, with the most recent being this morning.

I return an item using a postage label that I bought & printed with Paypal.  First Class Mail with Tracking.   Item is received and processed, ignoring the fact that I had paid postage myself.

My refund consists of the first easy pay, minus the $3.50 shipping ..... AND there is a $6.95 deduction from my bank account this morning referencing that same returned item number.    

I called CS and hopefully they will reverse the $6.95, but was told it could take up to 12 business days to do so  ....  seriously? 

This has happened to me several times, so I'm at a point where I keep all return information handy until processed.

MY COMPLAINT:    It's pretty obvious that QVC doesn't have a mechanism in place during the return processing to NOT charge the $6.95 return label.  It's charged automatically, if not deliberately.   

I can only imagine how many other people have been double-charged over the years and didn't notice they were wrongly charged.   QVC is prompt to apologize and reverse the charges, but why do they have to keep doing that?  WHY can't QVC fix this glitch so customers don't get cheated  and over-charged?  

This shouldn't be happening ... EVER.   Is there ANYONE in the IT Dept at QVC who can address this problem?     

Respected Contributor

Re: PAID OWN RETURN POSTAGE, BUT $6.95 DEDUCTED AGAIN!

ITA! When I return an item now (very seldom and usually because of a flaw in product) I notify the Social Team here and ask them to make sure I don't get charged for postage. Very slow on returns too. Still waiting after almost a month for notification that an item I returned was received by Q. And yes if you pay your own postage you must check because most of the time they charge you anyway. Why can't this flaw in return postage be corrected?

Esteemed Contributor

Call QVC's customer service. Explain the situation and they will be happy to refund your $6.95. It's happened to me many times.

Seems the shipping & receiving departments don't pay attention to incoming returns like they should. It would save both the customers and QVC personnel so much time, trouble and frustration if they did their job correctly.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Thanks for your post.  It reminds me to check *exactly* how my refund goes.  I just returned 3 items in one bag and did NOT use QVC's labels; I paid the post office out of my pocket.  I'll be sure to check my refund(s) more carefully for their errors.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
QVC Customer Care

@Tinkrbl44 

I am sorry that this keeps happenning and will, of course, send your feedback to our returns department. In the meantime, if you would please list the item number for me I would be happy to correct this.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

I only return 1 -3   items per year..........your situation is the reason I always use

the return label.  Less headaches and you get insurance with their label.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Call QVC's customer service. Explain the situation and they will be happy to refund your $6.95. It's happened to me many times.

Seems the shipping & receiving departments don't pay attention to incoming returns like they should. It would save both the customers and QVC personnel so much time, trouble and frustration if they did their job correctly.  

@BirkiLady 

Didn't you read the OP?  As I stated, I already did that before posting here.  It shouldn't be happening many times to both of us ... and who knows how many others?   

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

I am sorry that this keeps happenning and will, of course, send your feedback to our returns department. In the meantime, if you would please list the item number for me I would be happy to correct this.

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC 

J369570   Thank you very much.

QVC Customer Care

@Tinkrbl44 

I have refunded you the $6.95 and processing time for refunds is 3 to 5 business days. I have also added a credit to your account which you will see when next you go to the check out screens.

Beth QVC

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, has happened to me . when I've caught it and asked to be reimbursed, I was but honestly I do not trust  their process at all  when you send items back and you do not use their shipping label .  I never had any other company do this. Seems they are charging a restocking fee  .