Valued Contributor

Over the river and through the woods...

I am always amazed when I track a package.  At one time it used to be the quickest and shortest route but no more.  Now they take it from a neighboring town to across a neighboring state only to return it to the neighboring town...kind of like running in place.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Over the river and through the woods...

I live above the turnpike in Pa and a package will drive by my house twice before it gets delivered. 🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

I live above the turnpike in Pa and a package will drive by my house twice before it gets delivered. 🤣🤣

Mine goes to the local post office and sits three days, while UPS drives by my house. My old mail girl told me if it wasn't for this and Amazon, they would be out of buisness. Some times it goes near me, then off to another state and finally gets here. I'm never in a big hurry, but then get the surprise, "Oh , it's been delivered"!!

Honored Contributor

Nowdays routing is all about the hubs or distribution centers.  There are just too many packages so they must have huge facilities where they can mechanically sort packages, load them and get them on the roads to their destinations.  Hopefully.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment