Honored Contributor

Re: Orders still "In Process" 4 days later?

@KrimpetteAgree -  I don't usually look until a few days before the EDD I'm given.   Pretty much because of my being on the East Coast (I think) I get almost all my items 4 to 5 days from the day I order, but certainly always before their promised date.

I'm happy with that.  QVC's shipping costs less than Amazon (Prime ended up costing me way more than QVC) and definitely is less than many other companies.  Shoppers who buy quite a bit a one time might qualify for free shipping -  I can count on one hand and have fingers left over the number of times that's worked for me in the past 5 years.

I've read that one of the benefits of old age is that many of us older folk develop more patience than we had when we were younger.  I know that's true for me.

Valued Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I find that to be not at all unusual.  But they do seem to arrive as promised.  Not to worry.

I too have found that the items say 'in process' even after they have been shipped.  I have seen things 'in process' until the day before I received them.  Obviously, it wasn't shipped and received to me across the country in 12 hours, so it was shipped earlier and the status just wasn't updated... 

I have learned to not even bother with the status since it is always inaccurate. 

Frequent Contributor

My last order was 'processing' for 5 days, on day 6 said it shipped, and was delivered that day.  All in all, quite fast.  Guess we just can't trust their information anymore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, my orders finally shipped yesterday and the tracking says they're on their way.  (Pure coincidence, since it was after I started this thread?)  They will likely get here by the EDD but, with QVC's "standard shipping" (using Smartpost), I won't count on it.

Occasional Contributor

It's been my experience that anything ordered during the holiday season, Sept - Dec, gets shipped out within 24-36 hours, but once you hit the first of the year, it slows up considerably, sometimes up to 4 days later. I placed an order this week on Monday morning, before 10:00 a.m., and just got the shipping notice about it today (Thurs) at 3:30 p.m., so it's not expected to arrive before next Tuesday. I also don't like it when I'm looking for an item by UPS, then it gets turned over to the Post Office and takes another 2 days to be delivered. And tracking information for UPS or USPS has gotten more and more unreliable. It can be rather irritating...

Occasional Contributor

SmartPost is a joke.

Honored Contributor

@TJFSGMA wrote:

SmartPost is a joke.

I misquoted - it's Surepost for UPS and Smartpost for FedEx.

But they both have the same result; they delay delivery.  My packages usually get taken to the post office 3 miles away, then I have to wait until the next day to get them, as I'm not allowed to collect them myself.  Drives me crazy.  I'll see that they've been delivered to the post office in the morning, but I have to wait till the following afternoon to get them.

However, on a positive note - UPS decided to deliver my three packages to me directly today instead of taking them to the post office since they were going to be in "my area".  Hurrah and thank you to UPS for making a sensible decision!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Well, my orders finally shipped yesterday and the tracking says they're on their way.  (Pure coincidence, since it was after I started this thread?)  They will likely get here by the EDD but, with QVC's "standard shipping" (using Smartpost), I won't count on it.

@Venezia   How about my order that was in process for eight days and I was told it would probably be cancelled due to product unavailability and a couple of hours later it shows shipped.  I wonder what is going on when that happens.  Yesterday when the order system was having problems one of my orders was duplicated, fortunately, I checked the status and cancelled one order. Hope you get your order and all is well.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo - I've had that happen to me, too, more than once.  I get nervous now, if an order stays in process for way too long, because I'm expecting it to either go to backorder or be cancelled, even though the stock was supposed to be there, when I ordered.  When that's happened to me in the past, I never received the items.

I'm glad you got yours though.  I did get my three items and they were fine.  It's just very confusing!

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@lucymo - I've had that happen to me, too, more than once.  I get nervous now, if an order stays in process for way too long, because I'm expecting it to either go to backorder or be cancelled, even though the stock was supposed to be there, when I ordered.  When that's happened to me in the past, I never received the items.

I'm glad you got yours though.  I did get my three items and they were fine.  It's just very confusing!

@Venezia  I don't have them yet but they show shipped as of this afternoon after I was told they probably would be cancelled.  I'm hoping they will be what I ordered but it will be toward the end of the week before I receive the package. Glad yours turned out well.