Frequent Contributor

Orders Cancelled, But Shipped Anyway

I cancelled two orders a few days ago, and received confirmation for both. Today I looked at my order status, and see they were both shipped! I called CS, and was told that they see the cancellations, but they couldn't stop them from being shipped. Makes no sense to me!

I was told to just send them back without opening the pkgs. Is this right?

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Honored Contributor

Re: Orders Cancelled, But Shipped Anyway

@spabar  Yes this is right. Do not open them, mark them "Refuse Delivery" and either give them back to your mailman or drop them off at your post office if by USPS or drop them off at your UPS shop.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spabar same thing happened to me except I never received the cancelled/shipped item but was charged for it.  Go figure.

Respected Contributor

I would make darn sure they don't charge YOU to return them!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has happened to me a few times in the past 20 years.  Just return them with the label provided.  Call c/s to let them know.  You will receive your credit for s/h.

Esteemed Contributor

That has happened to me. I happened to be home when the UPS came with the package I just refused it. But, QVC charged me for it anyway, I called CS and they put back the money on my CC.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, this has happened to me (and not just with QVC).  Sometimes the packages are too far along in the packaging process for the cancellation to go through.  For instance, packages can be packaged and shipped out before the trackig information updates.  Someoe in customer service == who can be thousands of miles away from the warehouse -- would have no way to know this.  It is no big deal.

As others have said, just refuse deliver or send back.  Check to ensure that QVC does not charge you for return shipping.

Respected Contributor

Also be mindful of any orders you may have placed on AD and then returned.  The AD will continue until you cancel it.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Frequent Contributor

It happened to me last week. I called CS and they made note of it.  I received it, opened it sent it back. A day later I got an apology letter from the Q that it was sent in error. If I didn't want it send it back. They refunded my full amount. 

Q probably has many new people for the holiday sales so I guess errors will be made.

Honored Contributor

Yes,  sometimes the order is so far along in the shipping process that it ships despite being canceled.   Last time I tried to give the driver a package unopened to be returned,  he refused to take it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment