Regular Contributor

Re: Ordered went through but no confirmation & not in order status

[ Edited ]

The order that I placed via CS while the system was messed up, that the CS said that she was writing up by hand, still hasn't shown up in my Order Status.  The system was working last night, so I reordered one of the tops I had previously ordered, just to make sure that I actually got it while the EZ Pay offer was still in effect. That way if that other order never shows up online, at least I managed to get one of the things I wanted, since now there's only one color of the top still available in my size.

Another item that I had wanted that was listed as being on waitlist at the time of my order, is now shown online as sold out, so I bet I'm going to be out of luck on that one.

What has ticked me off the most about this is that the TV hosts blithely proceeded hard-selling products as if there was nothing wrong going on. Nor did I see any any messages on air by the Q reassuring customers that they were aware of the problem. Nor are they posting updates on the main forum page.

Contributor

@Mayfayre wrote:

The order that I placed via CS while the system was messed up, that the CS said that she was writing up by hand, still hasn't shown up in my Order Status.  The system was working last night, so I reordered one of the tops I had previously ordered, just to make sure that I actually got it while the EZ Pay offer was still in effect. That way if that other order never shows up online, at least I managed to get one of the things I wanted, since now there's only one color of the top still available in my size.

Another item that I had wanted that was listed as being on waitlist at the time of my order, is now shown online as sold out, so I bet I'm going to be out of luck on that one.

What has ticked me off the most about this is that the TV hosts blithely proceeded hard-selling products as if there was nothing wrong going on. Nor did I see any any messages on air by the Q reassuring customers that they were aware of the problem. Nor are they posting updates on the main forum page.

I agree, the hosts and the website don't say a word about having problems, as if by not saying it, it's not happening? If people do order, they're going to find out. QVC really needs to have a contingency plan for when their system goes down. Sitting at home waiting and hoping your order shows up online is NOT FUN! Especially these days when quantities are so low, most things are not reordered, and colors/sizes sell out. I would excuse a company that addresses this computer problem honestly but pretending it isn't happening is just stupid. Btw, I noticed they still have yesterday's TSV under Top Finds so they know they have to give people more time since ordering has been like dealing with the Soviet union the last few days.

Regular Contributor

Just checked my Order Status and a portion of my missing order showed up; but my waitlist item is missing in action. And since it is now showing as sold-out, I am apparently out of luck on that one.

Also they DID NOT include the EZ Pays on any of the items, and charged me the full price - even though the CS rep I had placed the order with ASSURED ME that she had annotated the order that I was requesting EZ Pays and that they would be applied.

Since I paid for this using a debit card, now I've got a hold for that full amount on my checking account, which is going to start an overdraft cascade as other bills hit it. Which also means I now have to make trips to two banks to shift money into the checking account to prevent that.

Thank you oh so very much, QVC. Not!!!

The heck with all this. I cancelled the entire order

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered the breezie bras at midnight and the webpage said rest assured your order has been placed and will show up soon on the order status. I ordered 2 bras to take advantage of the buy more and save.  So during the evening I purchased more bras and checked and saw that my order was still not showing up so I called CS and they said they were hand counting my order and not to worry.  Tonight I checked and someone in CS placed an order on my account for only one bra at the FEATURED price(I didn't notice the price though) on WAITLIST!  So I called CS and they basically said oh well, sorry. and we have no way of knowing what I ordered... I asked to speak to a supervisor and she did add another bra for the wrong price.  I also had her cancel all the extra orders.  Then I checked my order status again and that's when I had to call back again to get the TSV price.  What a mess!   I'm so DISAPPOINTED and I WISH I hadn't looked at bedtime. I was so sad and discouraged  I cancelled all the extra bras  I purchased and will just try the two on waitlist.  If they don't come in oh well, I won't care now!....Basically, they OVERSOLD because they didn't get the orders counted.  I purchase too much on QVC anyway and just needed this to happen to stop buying and cool it.....  Thanks for letting me vent...   PS I didn't get the EP but not going to call back again!!!!

Regular Contributor

" I purchase too much on QVC anyway and just needed this to happen to stop buying and cool it....."

So true. I feel the same way now. It broke the enchantment, the "must-have-it" desire.

While I totally sympathize with what the CS reps had to deal with (having had to deal with situations at work when our computers went down), my ire is focused on the Q mgnt who bungled the whole situation regarding customer notification, back-up systems, and subsequent processing.

Next time they should seriously weigh just putting a technical difficulties place-holder up on the screen and stop the facade that they've got a functioning ordering system, and concentrate instead on getting everything up and running.

And when they do get everything back online, auto-apply EZ Pays to the entire order AND free s&h, to mollify and appease inconvenienced customers - instead of trying to quick-fill their own coffers by applying full Q prices.

Contributor

@Mayfayre wrote:

" I purchase too much on QVC anyway and just needed this to happen to stop buying and cool it....."

So true. I feel the same way now. It broke the enchantment, the "must-have-it" desire.

While I totally sympathize with what the CS reps had to deal with (having had to deal with situations at work when our computers went down), my ire is focused on the Q mgnt who bungled the whole situation regarding customer notification, back-up systems, and subsequent processing.

Next time they should seriously weigh just putting a technical difficulties place-holder up on the screen and stop the facade that they've got a functioning ordering system, and concentrate instead on getting everything up and running.

And when they do get everything back online, auto-apply EZ Pays to the entire order AND free s&h, to mollify and appease inconvenienced customers - instead of trying to quick-fill their own coffers by applying full Q prices.

EXACTLY!