Contributor

Ordered NEW Coat, Received USED-Really?

I ordered a NEW Dennis Basso fur coat - received today and it's obviously been worn and repackaged. I did not order AS IS.  There's a stain on it, no paper on the zipper pull, no hanger. This is not only unsanitary during COVID (or anytime really), but it's also a bit fraudulent.  How Gross...Cmon QVC, if you can't fulfill an order just be transparent, but don't send used merchandise.

Respected Contributor

Re: Ordered NEW Coat, Received USED-Really?

Ewwwww.

Contributor

Yea, my thoughts exactly.

Respected Contributor

GROSS!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All on-line retailers are guaranteening their returns before reshipping them.  Returned merchandise is not the same as "as is"; there are definitions on the website.  I received a Linea sweater last week which was a return, and it was pristine.  I was happy to be able to get it.  I don't expect a retailer to toss out returns.  I can assure you your favorite department store doesn't.

Don't think I've seen a stain on faux fur.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Glad your sweater was pristine. Yes, there was a sticky glop and matted area on the fur. I referred to it as a "stain" but let's call it a sticky glop of matted fur instead.

Honored Contributor

@HandbagHoarder.  Then send the coat back and be sure to mark it "defective" so you won't be charged return s&h.  Be sure to check your refund carefully.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I was curious about exactly what defines "as is"   Per the QVC web site: 

"Just like the brick-and-mortar QVC Outlet stores, you'll find limited quantities of brand-name items, end-of-season goods, customer returns, discontinued stock, and other as-is merchandise."   If I missed something and there is more info please let me know. Mt thoughts pertain mainly to clothing. 

I put as is in the product search area and scrolled to the bottom of the page. Personally IMHO returns, especially clothing,  should be marked as such if they are not marked as such on the order page. I understand B&M stores sell returned items but you can touch and examine the merchandise before buying. If I order something on line,especially at full price, unless stated as is,  I expect a new item in original packaging otherwise it goes back. I don't buy as is clothing ever. Call me crazy but it's how I shop at any online merchant. 

Esteemed Contributor

That's why I often hesitate when put on waitlist and backorder.

I can understand the Q's sending out returns.  To me, it's similar to someone just trying on something in a B&M store, then putting it back on the rack.  But because QVC or any retailer is mailing out merchandise which cannot be viewed by the buyer, special care should be taken:  with a company their size they should have an in-house dry cleaner in which all returns should be processed thru and carefully rechecked before being sent out again.

As with shoes, it's okay if they were just tried on and walked around in-home as you'd do in a department store.  But, hosts tell people to wear them out and about; then return them if not satisfied.  

Anything that has been worn out and about should not be resold as new, but as "as is", imho.

If QVC strictly followed these procedures, I think we'd all feel better when ordering their merchandise.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a jacket once (not from QVC) and it was marked return. When I tried it on I unzipped the pockets and there was a 20 dollar bill in it. Score! Wore that jacket for years.