Order placed but not showing up under orders

I just placed an order and the page said it went through but it’s not under my orders? Is this normal
Respected Contributor

Re: Order placed but not showing up under orders

@Kchen wrote:
I just placed an order and the page said it went through but it’s not under my orders? Is this normal

@Kchen @this happens to me a lot.   Your order went through.  Don't place the order again because it will be duplicated.   Check your order again in 2 hours.  It will appear.   

Respected Contributor

I had this happen to me for the first time a week ago - so I went on and placed another order  for the same item...uh....MISTAKE !   I ended up getting 2 of the items and sent one back.  If it happens again, I'll call C.S. before placing a duplicate order.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

I had this happen to me for the first time a week ago - so I went on and placed another order  for the same item...uh....MISTAKE !   I ended up getting 2 of the items and sent one back.  If it happens again, I'll call C.S. before placing a duplicate order.

I agree.  Sometimes QVC's computers lag between when you place the order and when it shows up on your order status.  I'd wait a few hours to see if it does show up, and if not, I'd call customer service.  I once had an order lag all day before it showed in my order status.

I always save my order numbers immediately just in case there is a problem like this.

Honored Contributor

It happened to me for the first time last week.  When I checked my orders I didn't see it.  It really made me wonder if it went through.  I ordered again and thankfully I saw the first order after a few hours and was able to cancel the other one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kchen , there may be a delay before it shows up under your account.

At the end of the ordering process I always tap "View Receipt" , take out my phone, and snap a photo of the receipt on my tablet's screen.

I don't need a print out. The photo gives me all the facts I need if I have to refer to it in the future. 

If I have to email CS I can just attach my "Receipt".

I do this for online purchasing at everyone's website...just in case.

Honored Contributor

@KchenI check my email before I look at Order Status -  that email seems to be automated into their system for me.   I do become concerned if that's not posted.

Once I've seen the acknowledgment email, I rarely check status for a few days -  often until I get the "shipped" email and there's tracking info.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Several times, in my haste to complete my order, I have inadvertently skipped the last step in the ordering procesd where you ""place your order".  I think it's possible others are skipping this step also.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment