Esteemed Contributor

Order not available,yet cannot cancel it.....???

I ordered an Anybody tank top on July  25,

now it get an e-mail that it is dealyed because it is not available..............

Yet I cannot CANCEL  the order.

If it is NOT AVAILABLE ,why can't I cancel it????

What is going on QVC???????

Honored Contributor

Re: Order not available,yet cannot cancel it.....???

That, infortunately, has been the reality with orders for quite some time.  Neither CS nor our moderators are able to cancel them.  There's a brief window after the order is plced when it can be cancelled,  then it becomes set in stone.

Those noticed about delayed orders don't seem to be real accurate.  I got one this week on an order I had just received.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Eventually they would have to cancel the order if the item is not available.  Q must have your order on waitlist waiting to see if they get a return.

Trusted Contributor

I suspect the reason we can't cancel after 5 minutes is because they are making a ton of money on returns.

Because you couldn't cancel, they ship it, you return it and they charge you the return fee. Think about it. Huge money maker for them.

I no longer buy much but when I do I have to be certain I want it because I am not playing the "can't cancel" game. QVC is not the only place to get items anymore. I can google anything from QVC and find it elsewhere.

In this case not available might mean "right now" but if one comes in they will ship it. By that time you may not even want it, but you still get charged to return it.

Certainly not fair to customers.

Esteemed Contributor

@gabstoomuch - Actually, the reason for the inability to cancel returns is the way QVC's supply chain is set up. The majority of the inventory QVC is selling is being stocked and shipped through vendor sites rather than Q warehouses. This approach likely saves money, but it introduces two complications: It is more difficult to track inventory in real time, and control over the shipping process shifts from QVC to the vendor. In order to ensure that orders can be matched to products and fulfilled, they are "locked in" on the QVC site and cannot be modified—not even by customer service reps—because they become linked to external sources.

One key benefit of this arrangement is that some orders ship very quickly from certain vendors, so customers receive them in record time. (For example, I recently placed an order on a Saturday afternoon and had my item delivered on the following Wednesday.) Unfortunately, though, that seems to be the exception rather than the rule; many have reported that especially with clothing items and some brands of shoes, the shipping is abysmally slow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even if more of Q's inventory is shipped by the vendors, I simply don't believe that Q can't contact them to cancel/modify orders, when orders sit 'in process' for days and days.

My current order sat 'in process' for 10 days before it shipped and still hasn't been received as of 7/29, as a matter of fact, it's not even close to where I am.

IMO, all of these excuses are just a cop out.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I am glad I have not been ordering anything from QVC. They are a hot mess. Woman Mad

Esteemed Contributor

It went on backorder so I was finally able to cancel it this morning. 

Thanks everyone.