Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Order has been in process since Friday

My order has been "in process" since Friday. A discount I had applied to it was automatically canceled for some reason. 

I tried to get customer service to reapply it, but they didn't because "order is ready to ship at any minute", and that's supposed to be the excuse.

But it's been 3 whole days since I'd ordered, and the order has not been shipped. 

So what's exactly happening?

I was denied my discount under the pretense that it's going out, and it's too late to reapply a discount which got automatically unapplied. But so far, this order hasn't shipped. I would like my 15 bucks discount reapplied, please!! Or that order should have been out since Saturday when I was told that "it's too late" to fix the issue with the discount.

It's not fair to do this, and the transparency has been zero.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Order has been in process since Friday

Seriously? You had a weekend and New Year's which is a holiday. It's only Monday. Give it some time. Like a week before you start complaining.

Trusted Contributor

Items don't ship on Saturday and Sunday and Today, Monday January 2nd, UPS is closed for the holiday.  So nothing will be shipped today.  That's why.  

Occasional Contributor

I appreciate your answer, but then what's the holdup for reapplying the discount code?

If they knew it wasn't going out since Saturday, why did they tell me they can't reapply my discount which was automatically canceled for no reason when I spoke to them on Saturday?

They said they "can't do it" because "it's gonna ship at any moment"....

So you're saying they lied?

They also said the warehouse is open today, to me TODAY btw.

Occasional Contributor

I am sorry, but I have Amazon prime student.

What's to stop me from canceling this and ordering the same item from Amazon?

Your attitude is destructive from a business standpoint. 

You don't tell a customer to "not complain" for being denied a discount under the pretense that their order is about to ship when it's nowhere near being shipped. 

What on earth is that? Sounds kinda like you're gaslighting the customer tbh.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whatcha wanna bet the merchandise has something to do with a video game?

Maybe they're telling you a discount can't be applied retroactively once the order has been placed?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SamFS wrote:
I appreciate your answer, but then what's the holdup for reapplying the discount code?
If they knew it wasn't going out since Saturday, why did they tell me they can't reapply my discount which was automatically canceled for no reason when I spoke to them on Saturday?
No one here sees a problem and we don't know what you want. If it's scheduled to ship at any moment.  What more do you want?  Whatever went wrong with the discount, Customer Service can't fix.  

Occasional Contributor

Huh! That's actually close... 

It's a tablet. 

I've reported businesses to the BBB before, and I swear if they try to pull something weird here... 

The discount vanished by itself, and then they told me it can't be applied because the order is about to go out. 

Well, we've established that that's not true Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seriously it's a Holiday weekend. People are just going back to work today. 

If you had a discount applied but was removed it should not matter if it's getting ready to ship or not. All they have to do is make an adjustment. I would call back to talk to someone else.

Good luck trying to cancel an order. You will receive it plus have to pay to ship it back. Reason why I don't order.

Honored Contributor

@SamFS wrote:

Because customer service doesn't have the authority or ability to do that.

As to why your discount was not applied in the first place, I have no idea.

QVC has some weird shipping processes compared to other online retailers that many people have become used to.

As for you canceling and ordering elsewhere, that certainly is your choice.  If you can cancel.  They usually have a very short window that is an available option.