I placed an order for a DJI drone on 5 easy pays. The order went thru and charged my card the first payment - the charge is pending but I have sufficient funds (I imagine since it cancelled the pending charge will just fall off). I went to check the order status since it's supposed to be here by Friday and it says the order was cancelled. I called customer care and they said it was cancelled due to insufficient credit??  I've ordered several items using easy pay and never had an issue. Care didn't really act like they knew what they were talking about or that they wanted to help. They said I could retry the order but it would likely get cancelled again or that I had to pay in full. It's an expensive item so I'd really rather not charge another $170 to my card while the other charge is pending.  As far as I know, I've never provided a social security number, nor consented to a 'soft credit check.' This is kinda aggrivating considering I never got an email even saying it was cancelled. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lemonw3dge  You are never charged for a order until it ships.  Most merchants do put a temporary hold on an account to ascertainit if the account is valid and in good status, then the charge dops off in a few days according to the policy of the cc company.  There must have been some problem to cause your order to be canceled.  Only CS can tell you what it was. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Welcome @lemonw3dge.

Are you up to date on your credit card payments?

You said the charge went through when you placed your order.  No, the actual charge to your card is made when your order is shipped.  What you saw was QVC checking for your bank's approval, the reason why you see "pending" on your account.  

Evidently, the bank didn't approve the charge, so QVC cancelled the order.  I don't think the bank or the retailer notifies the buyer when a charge doesn't go through and is cancelled.  

Yes, "pending" will be removed in a few days.

Your best bet is to call your bank to find out what happened. If the bank didn't approve the charge, then QVC can't charge your card.  

Respected Contributor

Foxxee nailed it.

QVC Customer Care

@lemonw3dge wrote:

I placed an order for a DJI drone on 5 easy pays. The order went thru and charged my card the first payment - the charge is pending but I have sufficient funds (I imagine since it cancelled the pending charge will just fall off). I went to check the order status since it's supposed to be here by Friday and it says the order was cancelled. I called customer care and they said it was cancelled due to insufficient credit??  I've ordered several items using easy pay and never had an issue. Care didn't really act like they knew what they were talking about or that they wanted to help. They said I could retry the order but it would likely get cancelled again or that I had to pay in full. It's an expensive item so I'd really rather not charge another $170 to my card while the other charge is pending.  As far as I know, I've never provided a social security number, nor consented to a 'soft credit check.' This is kinda aggrivating considering I never got an email even saying it was cancelled. 

@lemonw3dge 

I'm sorry the order did not work out, we will take a look and reply by email. 

Susan