Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Order at post office since 11/28.

@loriqvc wrote:

@IMW wrote:

Order at PO since 11/28. PO is impossible to contact

No one answers phone. In person they say person whose job it is to search for missing packages is out.

Please advise.

Thank you 

@IMW - I know this is an annoying answer, but I'd wait another day or two and hopefully you'll get your package. Apparently there was some kind of USPS system glitch last Monday or Tuesday that affected tracking, and there's been a lot of scrambling to try to catch up, especially since this is the busy season.

My post office and carriers are fantastic, but I ended up with two packages coming via USPS last week that arrived at our hub (one stop before/five miles away from the local office) on the 27th and just got "stuck" there. I received the Priority Mail box (that was supposed to be delivered on the 29th) today, and when I checked my Informed Delivery page this morning, the tracking details were finally updated and it appears that the other box should be delivered tomorrow (I should have received it on Saturday).

Hang in there, and good luck!  Smiley Happy

I greatly appreciate your answer.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IMW - I will also add this tip: Try calling your local office about 30-45 minutes before it officially opens. I've had good luck with catching someone who could help me in this timeframe because most employees are typically finalizing the mail sorting process and/or working with local businesses doing pickups and dropoffs, so the supervisor on duty may have a free moment to check the sorted areas or leave a note for your carrier to watch for your package.

ETA: However, all post offices will be closed on Wednesday as part of the national day of mourning for President Bush, so don't expect to chat with anyone or get anything tomorrow...

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@x Hedge wrote:

@IMW wrote:

Easier said than done. Have complained to Federal Postmaster and nothing.Phone lines are constantly busy- off the hook.  

Complaining to Federal Postmaster is the long way around, and then you'll be told delivery isn't considered "delayed" until the package sits there 14 days...which it hasn't.

But if you know it's in that building, and all you need is an employee to be told to find it and deliver it, then that starts with a chat with the person who can assign that task, your branch supervisor.

Good luck.

https://www.usps.com/help/contact-use 

This is the second day in a row someone quoted my post, but there's no new message.

Did you write something @IMW? Wonder if this is a new glitch in the forums.

Anyway, best of luck getting your package quickly. You don't want it to become officially "delayed".

I started by interrogating my letter carrier to get the sup's name and hours, when she's not in meetings, etc so I'd know who to ask for when I went in. I went in early so I wouldn't get the 'she's on break' excuse.

It drove me nuts knowing my things were just sitting there being intentionally ignored, and everyone was waiting for someone else to do the work. 

That lazy-assed work atmosphere disappeared when she got bumped out.

Respected Contributor

QVC cs to the rescue—-I was given a refund, since item was sold out.

Once again stellar cs by QVC.

Valued Contributor

This year more than any other I see problems with the USPS UPS FEDEX...deliveries are slow, tracking information inaccurate.  I shipped early and a UPS package sat in a facility one day with no scan or movement yet online info said in transit and weather delay.  Weather was cool and partly cloudy!  And to get accurate information from a service rep is another frustration.  Next year I will ship zero packages from my home and I may order gifts in September!