Super Contributor

Order Status new design - not customer friendly

Only my opinion...but...the new order status new page design is not customer friendly.  The old version would allow me to view the entire order info all orders in date order that included price, all info about order, tracking Info, returned credit amount, etc. all at a glance.  Now the first landing page has reduced info and I need to make many clicks to reconcile my returns, refunds, order status, etc. The new landing page does not even show the order total.  Really?  I used to print my order status page and reconcile all info.  Now I cannot do that - again, too many clicks.   The purpose of the order status page is FOR THE CUSTOMER'S CONVENIENCE.  I guess the IT depart did not think to test the new design out on a focus group or actual customers.  This is just another change that does not improve customer's joy and ease to do business with you.  The funny thing is, there must be hundreds of blog entries that tell you what would make customers happy. I cannot believe how many spitting mad customer blog entries are posted and customers feeling their problems are ignored.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

Re: Order Status new design - not customer friendly

I just don't use it, if I see something I like online or I'm watching a presentation, I just call and use automated ordering. It wasn't broke, I don't know why they had to change it, just someone trying to justify their high paying position at the Q. JMO

Frequent Contributor

My problem with the new ordering system is I can't track my returns.  I apparently am doing something wrong but not figuring it out yet!

Valued Contributor

Today was the first time ordering since this new way has been initiated. I’m with you... I HATE the new ordering process. I’m sure since they went to the trouble of changing to this format it’s not going to change no matter how many of us dislike it and complain about it.... I’m ordering less & less from QVC anyways so I’ll just have to put up with it on occasion. I find I have even weirder format at times because I order exclusively from an iPad but I don’t have a laptop and don’t want one so, if things get too difficult I’ll just order elsewhere. Other stores are finally offering ez pay so there isn’t anything the Q does that is exclusive to them. Usually others have much better sale prices and no shipping. With the exception of their TSV kits that are a value and exclusive configurations the Q has no unique selling points anymore. 

Regular Contributor

Agreed @Tshirtgal . I do not like the new order status design either. Much harder to utilize.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tshirtgal & Customer Care...

I agree...it is pretty bad....actually it's atrocious.

We NEED the order number and the item value total(s) for each item ON the "Order Status" page and this info is now MISSING.

We also need to be able to click on the 'Item Description' itself on the "Order Status" page to go directly back to the "Product Detail" page for that item to reference any reviews, price differences that could be adjusted, or if we decide to purchase same item again.  Instead we must now click on "View/Edit Order", then wait for the spinning thing which then takes forever to load the "Order Detail" page, then click on the item name to go to the "Product Detail" page to review the reviews, purchase again, etc.  A total waste of time.

When on the "Easy Pay" page to review all Easy Pays by month and selecting "VIEW/EDIT EASY PAYS" for an order, after viewing or making any changes, you cannot go back to the "Easy Pay" page for the month...you have to go back to the "Order Status" page again, WHICH AGAIN IS USELESS AND A WASTE OF TIME.  When I review or change an "Easy Pay" I want to go directly back to the "Easy Pay" page by month to CONTINUE TO REVIEW OR MAKE CHANGES, not back to the "Order Status" page, which then requires me to select "Easy Pay", wait for that page to load, etc., etc.

And it would also be nice if when I make a choice such as "Next Page" it brought me to the "Next Page" instead of something else that is no where near being the "Next Page" or whatever it was that I had chosen for my selection...obviously programming problems continue with this new "Order" info program that was introduced.

And bring back the Estimated Date of Delivery (EDD) WHILE the item is being & during shipping.  Now it is currently on the "Order Status" page and the "Order Detail" page BUT ONLY UNTIL THE ITEM SHIPS.  When the item ships it changes to "Shipped on" with the shipping date on both the "Order Status" page and "Order Detail" page.  AGAIN... USELESS because the EDD is not even on the "Tracking Status" page.  Or perhaps this was done purposely to disguise the continued slow shipping & delivery time frames?  We NEED to know the Estimated Delivery Date ALL THROUGH the process so we can use it in conjunction with the "Tracking Status".

QVC you need to go back to the drawing board for this change!

Respected Contributor

I don't know who is running this company now but it is pathetic!  Now if you go to your order status, it does not show the price or the order number.  You have to go through so many steps to get an answer.  Then when you get to your order and want to go back, it takes you back to page 1 and you have to scroll through everything all over again.  Also, every time I try to get into my A-D it says "sorry, but it is not available now"  I cannot get into my A-D for the last few months!  It seems like everything is just going down hill from what was once such a fabulous company.  It is so sad to see the deterioriation.  From changing things that was perfect the way they were, to shipping that is in process for more than a week, and don;t even get me started on returns.  I miss the Q from years ago. 

Occasional Contributor

Incredibly FLUSTERED and DISAPPOINTED!!! This new system is completely ridiculous in its approach to our information.....that IS the point of the MY ACCOUNT page, is it not? Too many clicks involved to get to the information that I needin order to be able to verify that I have been charged correctly and that I have received all of my items. That is, IF I can even get passed the apology banner that doesn't even allow me to see my easy pays at all. I am completely FLUSTERED and DISAPPOINTED in my QVC for allowing this to be thrust upon your loyal clientele without, OBVIOUSLY, putting forth the effort of a testing group. Surely, this is causing backup on your customer service representative call lines which in turn will cause a loss in product sales. Someone dropped the ball somewhere. Someone needs to get this fixed quickly......and I would suggest that it NOT be the person/group that came up with this new 'design'. Just my humble opinion and I have never been so upset as to take to your boards to express it!!

Valued Contributor

@Tshirtgal 

yes, the changes are not good. the way many IT departments function today is a big step down. some of it is due to only having a mindset of what's glitzy and some of it is due to lack of training on things like color schemes that are good for the eyes. some colors are easier to read and see on a screen then others. for example, using white for text on a light colored background is much harder to see and read. yet, you see several web sites that do that, including qvc.

yes, beta testing with actual customers is mostly a thing of the past. the IT people that develop the web site or application doble as the beta testers.

IT has changed (and not always in a good way) dramatically over the 30 years that I have been in the field. today, it's 'get it done and move on', so many corners are cut. it's great for people like me, that stepped out of the corporate world and became consultants, 'cause we have more business/opportunities then you can imagine. many of the current younger people will not have that luxury down the road, because they are use to being able to do what i call C level work. and they are really just in it for the money.

what i find 'interesting' (being polite) about the recent and current changes, is the TIMING. as a former head of IT, there is no way on God's green earth, that i would  have signed off on rolling out changes to the ordering system, (that i have seen happen here), of all things, to go into production (aka live for users), DURING THE BUSIEST ONLINE SHOPPING SEASON.

one should not need a harvard business degree or phd to know that!!!

the only way i would have signed off on changes to the ordering system this time of year, is if something was broken or not processing fast enough (meaing the system was running slow). on the other hand, i also had all things 'online' stress tested for several months prior to a busy season.

today, anything goes. no consideration of the impact to customers or customer service. customers are an after thought. this is an example of what i mean by IT changing and not in a good way. today, they just don't care. point, blank, period.

Valued Contributor

@Scorpio1971 

as many orders now take weeks, i didn't see the point in bothering to check to see if the edd is listed for an order. the truth is probably they don't know when an order will ship or be delivered. so, sad.