Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My local post office is usually very good at delivering the packages in good condition if they receive them in good condition. We don't have a postmaster, just a clerk at the window, I know her and she trys her best. I see my packages were delivered at 10:45am which is odd anyway, but I'm wondering if someone didn't get to my packages before I did. My husband is going to the post office tomorrow to see what they have to say. If they don't admit they delivered packages that were torn open I'm going to report it to the State Police as a theft. I know at this time of the year they are extremely busy, but the carrier should know if he delivered packages that were ripped open and missing contents, they do have to scan them.

Honored Contributor

Whenever I've mailed a package by USPS, they are so picky about how it's packaged.   So it surprises me how loosey goosey their commercial shippers, like QVC, can get away with using a shipping envelope rather than a box to ship some items.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

My local post office is usually very good at delivering the packages in good condition if they receive them in good condition. We don't have a postmaster, just a clerk at the window, I know her and she trys her best. I see my packages were delivered at 10:45am which is odd anyway, but I'm wondering if someone didn't get to my packages before I did. My husband is going to the post office tomorrow to see what they have to say. If they don't admit they delivered packages that were torn open I'm going to report it to the State Police as a theft. I know at this time of the year they are extremely busy, but the carrier should know if he delivered packages that were ripped open and missing contents, they do have to scan them.

@blackhole99.  Of course your carrier knew the packages were open but he's obligated to deliver them anyway.  The USPS has their own fraud and theft investigations but this time of year there are so many instances, they don't have the time or manpower to get excited about any one occurance.  State police will probably tell you to contact the USPS.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@software wrote:

Whenever I've mailed a package by USPS, they are so picky about how it's packaged.   So it surprises me how loosey goosey their commercial shippers, like QVC, can get away with using a shipping envelope rather than a box to ship some items.

I mailed two packages this summer. One  of them the clerk wouldn't accept unless I repackaged it in one of their envelopes which of course cost me extra money. And I wonder if commercial shippers have gotten lax regarding packaging. When I worked at a Saks Fifth Avenue distribution center back in the late 90s, I was pulled from the call center to do pack and wrap during the busy holiday season. They had very specific instructions on how things should be packaged, displayed, and what materials to use. But that could have been because of the Saks name, and customers expecting packages to look good. Even with all of that, if the carriers are just tossing things and not handling items carefully, it may still come to the home looking like it went through a tornado.

Honored Contributor

I received my first opened package yesterday.  It was in a clothing bag and was open and no invoice.  The sweater was packaged in the plastic bag.  I'm just alittle concern about the missing invoice.  It has my information on it.