Honored Contributor

Tis the season I guess, the post office just delivered 2 opened bubble envelope packages, one with nothing in it. From the tracking number I was able to find out that it was my Diamonique that was missing. Called CS and they are sending out replacement items. I had to laugh, they didn't take my snow flake brooch, must have been too old lady looking for their taste.LOL I was surprised that my local post office would deliver those packages opened and empty like that without even a note attached to say that's how they received them. 

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99@That is just so wrong.I wish these people would get caught and do some time but that doesn’t seem to happen.It seems that crime does pay now.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99.  The USPS is required by law to deliver every piece of mail regardless of its condition.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: Opened packages

[ Edited ]

Strange.

I had that happen with a package shipped via UPS. It was a bag from Lands' End with about 5 items of clothing. When I picked it up, it was ripped open and some items were missing. I called Lands' End to let them know and they told me that UPS had already reported it and replacement items were on the way and scheduled to arrive the next day. While I was glad UPS was pro-active in replacing the missing items, I did wonder why they just delivered the package with no message about what had happened and without telling me what they'd done to make it right. It would have saved me some frustration and both the CS Rep I called and I would have been saved the time.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@blackhole99.  The USPS is required by law to deliver every piece of mail regardless of its condition.

They are, but the only time I've ever had them deliver a package that had been messed up like that, it came in a plastic bag with a note explaining the item inside had been mutilated. No explanation on why or how, just that it had been and the plastic bag was to hold the remains all together for delivery.

Honored Contributor

Yes....what is going on?!  I've ordered packages that have big gouges in them and most of the one side opened.  I ordered two waterford crystal lamps for nightside tables...one made it and the other didn't...big chip out of the crystal.  I order casual china with matching trays in the same pattern....the trays handles were broken and the bowls from the china set were smashed (I didn't bother unwrapping the rest of the set).  Fortunately, all will be replaced.  The amount of time on the phone, rewrapping, visiting UPS with packages during the Christmas holiday will never be replaced.  I've never experienced so many disasters in such a short period (all in the last week).  I guess it is the Christmas season challenges with delivery services.

I always stay on the bright side of the street.  So, what I can say is my house is coming together.  I wanted to go into the New Year with the house feeling cozy and as comfortable as possible.  We have repainted and minor remodeling as well as some new furnishings and bedding/curtains.  I am really pleased with the results.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Tis the season I guess, the post office just delivered 2 opened bubble envelope packages, one with nothing in it. From the tracking number I was able to find out that it was my Diamonique that was missing. Called CS and they are sending out replacement items. I had to laugh, they didn't take my snow flake brooch, must have been too old lady looking for their taste.LOL I was surprised that my local post office would deliver those packages opened and empty like that without even a note attached to say that's how they received them. 

@blackhole99

I had to buy new springs for my Pilates chair Q sells because the springs that come with it are not any good. The springs were shipped in a bubble envelope. They should have been shipped in a box since they are heavy. The bubble wrap envelope was open. How they made it to me is beyond me how they did not fall out of the envelope. I was ticked since I should not have had to pay for the springs on a new Pilates chair to begin with.

Hope you receive your missing Diamonique.

Highlighted
Contributor

Received a package from QVC on Friday, completly empty because the padded envelope was not sealed.  I contacted customer service and asked for a refund and they responded fairly quickly.  Just poor attention to detail in the shipping department.  I hope someone in the post office is enjoying the Urban Decay eyeshadow pallet they were gifted.

Honored Contributor

I received an order via USPS sent in a padded envelope recently.  The envelope was completely open but, thank goodness, the item was still inside along with the invoice.  I thought it was pretty shoddy packaging; should've been sent in a box.

Also, years ago, I got a package from QVC, delivered by UPS.  Just an empty padded envelope.  No note about the fact that it was empty.  Just left it on my doormat and drove off (and I was home, so no one had a chance to get to it; we're pretty remote anyway).

I immediately called QVC and they sent out a replacement and also reported it to UPS.  I told the lady I'd already notified UPS, but she said they would also follow up, which I thought was nice.  IMO, it makes no sense to deliver an obviously empty package with no explanation.  Thankfully, it is a rare occurrence here.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

IMO, it makes no sense to deliver an obviously empty package with no explanation.  

That seems reasonable, but the more I thought about this thread and the more I think about people I've seen at the post office and read about in the news, maybe it's not as unusual as we think. I've seen some pretty crazy requests just standing in line at the post office. Imagine what they postal workers see moving packages all around the country.

I once stood in line while a guy tried to mail a 'box' all the way to Malaysia. The thing was barely a box at all, just a misshapen cardboard lump that was so beaten up it  had no structural integrity and hadn't even been taped shut. It was open at the counter when he tried to mail it. The postal worker told him there was no way it would make it there without falling apart or having the items come out and refused to mail it. The guy bought a large roll of packing tape, stood at a table in the center of the post office taping every square inch of the box, and brought it back to the counter.

And she took it and mailed it.

QVC and other businesses should know better than that guy at the postal counter who seemed to have no idea how mail worked, but the postal workers must have amazing stories about the things they see come through the post office.