Valued Contributor

Why aren't old threads, over a year old, deleted?  We can't post on them.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never tried to bring one back to life; but read here that you ...best not to.

I've have the same question.

If you have old shoes that you can't wear any more...........trash them.

Valued Contributor

@fthunt I totally agree!

Honored Contributor

Re: Old threads

[ Edited ]

I had a question about a line of clothes awhile ago. I did a search and an older thread came up and I got my answer. They aren't hurting anyone.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes there is good information shared that others can benefit from. Answering the same question that comes up time and again gets old and it's nice to have the option to suggest they do a search on the forums.

Esteemed Contributor

As was said, they aren't hurting anyone.  So why does it instill Moderator terror when one is brought to the front?  I've just never understood what damage was being inflicted  

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager  No one knows but the moderators.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

As was said, they aren't hurting anyone.  So why does it instill Moderator terror when one is brought to the front?  I've just never understood what damage was being inflicted  

not sure how long you have been on these boards @Johnnyeager , but they can create havoc on the boards, especially if MANY are all bumped up at the same time.  "moderator terror?......i think they are just following the board guidelines that are set forth by QVC......and it seems to work well.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Old threads

[ Edited ]

The old threads should be unavailable for comment after a specified time and drop off the system.....To me they serve no purpose!!!!  They take up space on the Forum  and you have to page through old threads before you can find the new threads and discussions....

Most of the info is outdated and/or no longer relevant (clothing item or product is no longer offered etc) or there is a comment about an old QVC Show or host and they are no longer on QVC....or the person doesnt even look all all the responses to see if the original thread question has already been answered and its like they start the conversation all over again from the beginning and people just repeat old conversations and previously discussed answers, it's like the movie, GROUNDHOG DAY!!!...SMH! 

And the chance that someone would search or use the old threads to have a question answered is little to NONE (for an example: People dont even check to see if a thread topic is already out there so the Moderators have to remove the duplicates)......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't really explain it for me, but Thanks!