Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, that's been a thing for me for some time.  I would have liked to know, for instance, what ring size I've ordered in the past, only to find the record gone.

Mental note:  save the info on my end.

I used to work for a small company and we'd keep hard copies (literal, carbon paper versions of orders) in storage boxes.  I can't even imagine the time spent filing, and heaven forbid, retrieving something!  Think of the space!  I'm pretty certain that has gone away, too.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

I did not expect the responses I received and in reply to all the comments:

1. I was being sarcastic when I said QVC was hiding orders.  I wanted to see what I paid for an item vs what they are selling it for today but that info was missing from my account listing. At the time, I was thinking about those times when an item is being presented but the reviews for that item are missing.    

2. I did, in fact, mean  4/14/19 to 7/12/17 and what difference does it make if it's 7/12/17 to 4/14/19 or visa versa.  The time frame is the same.  I see no orders after 4/14/19 but I do see orders after 7/12/17.  Everything in between is missing.

3.  I agree with comments about the info being the property of QVC and all that and that there may be an occactional glitch but why would QVC tell me I can retrieve information for certain time periods but then have no information there or only partial information?  It's not like only one or two items were missing.  I had been buying frequently back then.  And they did, subsequently, email me a copy of the order but I was not able to access it myself if I entered the order number or item description, etc. 

In general, it just doesn't seem right to tell customers that they can look up recent or past purchases but not have the information in their accounts.  I will, going forward, make sure I print out copies of all purchases for reference or reorder purposes.  Lesson learned.

Valued Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Melzie 4/14/19 to 7/12/17?

Don't you mean 7/12/17 - 4/14/19?

Does it matter if the dates are in ascending or decending order? The time frame is the same.

Super Contributor

I have lists for lists. Smiley Happy 

I take screen shots of all of my online orders, Q and other retailers.  This way I know what is due to come in the mail and what is late since you can't trust tracking items on certain sites. They are stored on my computer so I know what I already bought and I can see the particulars of that item. Painstaking, but worth it in the long run. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Melzie wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Melzie 4/14/19 to 7/12/17?

Don't you mean 7/12/17 - 4/14/19?

Does it matter if the dates are in ascending or decending order? The time frame is the same.

@Melzieslow down.  I wasn't trying to imply there was a difference in ascending vs. descending.  I haven't seen items listed in ascending order in a long time (my bad).  I was only trying to help and did not consider your list was ascending. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life