Honored Contributor

Re: OK mods, it's your call now!

@kaydee50 wrote:

QVC should not be selling items they do not have for immediate shipment. 

@kaydee50    They and all other merchants are struggling to stay in business.  This is the way they must operate at this point, until the situation improves.  There's hope.... I got 4 clothing orders today.  This is not the age of instant gradification. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@sunshine45 I did, it's in their court now!!  They need to respond to me.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

QVC should not be selling items they do not have for immediate shipment. 

@new nickname 4   I would also contact the Better Business Bureau and lodge a complaint with them.

@kaydee50    Seriously? 

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 , I understand, but I've reached the end of my limit today on what nonsense I can tolerate.  Don't you think an order placed on Sept 6th, and still not fullfilled needs to be addressed?

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@new nickname 4    Please take a few monents away from your ranting to familiarize yourself with the situation that exists in international shipping and domestic transportation.  All you have to do is turn on the news as it's been on virtually every newscast.  Everybody who orders from online retailers is waiting for delayed orders.  They're doing their best but delays are unavoidable when there are 80 ships offshore waiting to be unloaded.  Once unloaded there aren't enough  drivers to transport items to warehouses.  It's a huge mess. 

Oh, and threats aren't going to help you one bit. 

I hear you Kachina but Q shipping problems have been going on longer the pandemic/backlog. I order from a variety of places s and don't have these problems. I ordered an item from Macys ( always excellent delivery service) last week - it was delivered in 2 days. I order beauty items from a small company in Ca. And delivery is under a week.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Even lil' ol' Savannah, GA's ports are log jammed with cargo ships, anchored off shore waiting to unload, while they're working 24/7 to get them in to be unloaded.

Then for a several mile radius around the ports, there are containers stacked on top of each other, because they can't get trucks to deliver them.

It's a real mess everywhere.....

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@new nickname 4    No, they know what the problem is and where your item is and there's not a darn thing they can do about it but wait for it to arrive.  Don't you think QVC  managers and buyers are frustrated too?   

I've waited up to a month for orders but I've eventually gotten everything.  Most come sooner.  Sometimes those "delay" messages are screwed up and the items arrive in a very short time. 

Honored Contributor

Ha Ha. Do you think you are the only one suffering? Take another swig of wine and calm down!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom    Ships coming from Asia are being routed through the Panama Canal and to East Coast and Gulf Coast ports which coasts a lot more money.  It used to cost $1300 to ship a container; now its about $16,000.  I hear they're stacked up in Houston too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I hear you Kachina but Q shipping problems have been going on longer the pandemic/backlog. I order from a variety of places s and don't have these problems. I ordered an item from Macys ( always excellent delivery service) last week - it was delivered in 2 days. I order beauty items from a small company in Ca. And delivery is under a week.

@ellaphant,  do those companies order in quantities of tens of thousands to be delivered at once?  Do they sell tens of thousands at one time and still get the items to you in 2-6 days?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.