Honored Contributor
Accepted Solution

OK So Now I Have to Sign in Twice

I have to sign into My Account (it will not let me sign into the Forums) and then when I try to sign into the Forums I'm sent back to the My Account Forum, sign in again, and then I am in the Forum -Community Chat is where I always start.

*sigh*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: OK So Now I Have to Sign in Twice

Hi, @Cakers3!

You describe one of the new problems -- the fact that when we try to sign in to the Community we instead are redirected to the shopping area, and it can become an endless loop of logins.

When this issue showed up a couple of weeks ago, we could fix it by clicking/tapping on the "Blogs & Forums" at the bottom of the page and then clicking the "Sign in" at the top -- however, starting yesterday, this became unreliable.   

Sometimes it works, other times it does not.

Try this fix.

This URL goes directly to the login page for the Community:

https://www.qvc.com/myaccount/login.community.html

Use that link to go to the main page of the forums. 

Then, create a bookmark/favorite to use each time you sign in.   

Who knows if it will continue to work properly, but at the moment it seems to do the trick.

I hope this helps.   Always so good to see you!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Hi dear Doobs! 

It didn't work.  I still have to do a double sign-in to get to the Forum.

I sign into My Account.

Then I have to scroll down to the botton to get to "Blogs and Forums".

I click on that and it brings me to the Forums.  But I'm not logged in.

I click on "Sign In" on the Forums page and I'm sent back to the My Account.  My email is there but I have to enter my password again.

Then, and only then, can I scroll back down to Blogs and Forums, click on it and I am now online in Community Chat.

So it is taking me 5 steps to get to the Community.

*sigh*

I don't mind the nic change so much but I also noted some of my posts do not have paragraphs after I post-just all lumped together and I defnitely use paragraphs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for trying it out, @Cakers3!❤️   

As with all of the other things here, we're seeing that the problems and fixes aren't the same for everyone.

Using the "Blogs & Forums" worked for me until yesterday, but now it's taking me to login to my shopping account.

I wonder...  if you first delete all browser cookies/cache/website data and then try the link...  would that make a difference?   I'm seeing problems here associated with bad cookies/cache (not a surprise on this site).

Just a thought.  

This place is mess! 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo   I did try clearing but it's not helping.  *sigh*

I also just noticed under the "Heart" option there is now another item to choose called "Best Answer".

I expect everyone to click on that for all my posts.  LOL

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone. My original nic is catter, but I've been trying to get in here since early yesterday a.m. and it would not allow me access unless I changed my nic, so now I'm catter70. I also changed my password twice yesterday and that didn't help. Anyhow, we'll see how long this lasts until it goes up in smoke again.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I also just noticed under the "Heart" option there is now another item to choose called "Best Answer".

@Cakers3 wrote:

eta:  I clicked on "Best Answer" on your last post to see what would happen and although there is a notice in green that it has been marked, I don't see where.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo   Oh I see it-a green check mark up at the top of your post.

It's like Where's Waldo around here.

eta:  I only see that option on this forum.

Esteemed Contributor

I had to change my nickname in order to sign in.  I hate this website so much it's hard to even describe.   I ha e never once had a problem signing in at HSN.  

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@dooBdoo   Oh I see it-a green check mark up at the top of your post.

It's like Where's Waldo around here.

eta:  I only see that option on this forum.

@Cakers3,

That option is only available on a few of the sub-forums -- I don't remember which ones.  I think there was a thread about it...  seems to be an option not used very often.

Thanks for the check mark!   I feel like a won an award, and from a lovely and dear person, too.😊

Take care.❤️