Occasional Contributor
So I place an order on 9/5 and has been in process since then today is 9/11 and it shows shipped now. So when I look at the tracking number it shows that a label was created on 9/6 ready for Ups to process and pick up the item. So either the package has been waiting since 9/6?? But the website was just updated today as shipped?? I'm quite confused because why would it be sitting since last Thursday???
Honored Contributor

Re: Now I'm even more confused!

This is all just part of QVC's inferior shipping systems and processes.

They tell you up front you will get your package in 7 to 10 days and much of the time, they take every bit of that time to get it out and to you.

I really think they need to invest in some experts in warehouse and shipping management. Other places get things out in such short order and often with free shipping. QVC is just running out of excuses for the slow shipping.

Occasional Contributor

I normally order off of Amazon. Since I have Amazon Prime I can get most things in 2 days. I am not trying to compare Amazon to QVC and all. I just don't like the unclear process / shipping situation. In reality my item is not shipped it has a label created since 9/6 and today is 9/11.
Honored Contributor

I never think about that stuff.  What's the point?  I just looked for "shipped" and I'm a happy camper.  

Respected Contributor

@Microcephalymommy Idon't know if something is wrong with the system or what...I ordered a Valerie hurricane and the status was "inprocess since 9/5" and today I look to see if it had shipped only to see the status is now "backordered"  I have seen when an item is ordered and ships on the weekend then you will see a longer delay between "shipped now" and the actual item departing (in transit). 

Honored Contributor

Me too @chrystaltree. All I want is the tracking number.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I never think about that stuff.  What's the point?  I just looked for "shipped" and I'm a happy camper.  

Don't be a fool. mine says shipped since the 7th,it is now the  11th, but nothing has moved since and this is a food procuct!!!!!  (good thing it doesn't  need ice!)

I'm pushing 81 yrs old and may die before I receive my QVC orders!

Esteemed Contributor

If you haven't done so already, it is totally worth your time to sign up for accounts with all three major shippers; often, you will know about an item coming your way before QVC tells you it has been shipped. You can also typically get more details more easily about your shipments. Here are some handy links:

UPS MyChoice: https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page

FedEx Delivery Manager: https://www.fedex.com/apps/fdmenrollment/

USPS Informed Delivery: https://reg.usps.com/entreg/RegistrationPortalAction_input

All of these are intended to be for use with home address deliveries, but if you have packages shipped elsewhere, you can input those tracking numbers and monitor them through these systems as well.

One final helpful link is for Newgistics tracking, which does a great job of showing you the progress of returns after the "agent" (i.e., UPS) has picked them up from the USPS; details usually start showing up about 48-72 hours after the pickup:

http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/

You won't get a ton of details, but at least you can be confident that your package isn't just sitting somewhere for the three weeks between the time you drop it off and the time QVC chooses to process it.