Honored Contributor

Notifications-not about hearts, but being heard

Please @Beth-QVC  or any other mod reading, convey my thanks to the techs who fixed the notification issue.

It wasn't about needing hearts, it was about losing that small bit of interaction.  With being notified someone wanted you to read something, or wanted to comment to you specifically, posting becomes just posting "in the wind," so to speak. 

The hearts are a nice bonus and have a similar effect.  Acknowledgement and interaction and connection have returned now that notifications are working again.

So -- thanks!!

(At least that's how I think of the process.  Others may have a different take.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Notifications-not about hearts, but being heard

Very well said indeed, @GingerPeach. Now, do me a favor, please. Would you  heart my post so I can see if I get a notification? I haven't seen any in what feels like weeks. Woman Frustrated  TIA. 

Honored Contributor

There you go, @pupwhipped   Hope it comes through loud and clear! Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Yippee, I got it. Thank you so much, @GingerPeach!

Respected Contributor

Now I'm getting hearts right and left. Like Sally Field said, "You love me, you really love me." Haaaaaa! But seriously, it is nice to have the  notifications function back. It just wasn't the same without it...would have to go back to a post I made to see if anyone answered my question or commented. PITA.

Thanks everyone! 

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Please @Beth-QVC  or any other mod reading, convey my thanks to the techs who fixed the notification issue.

It wasn't about needing hearts, it was about losing that small bit of interaction.  With being notified someone wanted you to read something, or wanted to comment to you specifically, posting becomes just posting "in the wind," so to speak. 

The hearts are a nice bonus and have a similar effect.  Acknowledgement and interaction and connection have returned now that notifications are working again.

So -- thanks!!

(At least that's how I think of the process.  Others may have a different take.)

@GingerPeach 

Well Said!!! I hope that the few who believed that we were whining about being liked, or that we were behaving in a pathetic manner will be able to read your post.

Esteemed Contributor

Perfect, @GingerPeach.

Thanks for summing it up.

Cogito ergo sum