Occasional Contributor

I don't generally like being negative but.... QVC just is not for me anymore. There's a few lines that I like, for example Peace Love World, mostly Kim Gravel but my goodness it is sooo expnsive! Peace Love World will sometimes be sold on poshmark which is great. But everything else is too much and now you don't get ANY time to even change your mind and cancel your order. You would used to be able to cancel the night of creating an order but now no way "it's in processing" so then you're stuck with the return cost. And I've gotten two letters threatening to cancel my account because I return too much. Yet all the hosts continually push the idea that "you've got 30 days to love it or return it". By the time you pay the base price and then take the return cost, and the fact that the quality is not that great -my time with QVC is coming to an end. The cost of living these days is so high it's just ridiculous to order, then return.... Does anybody who's been a pretty consistent customer find this to be true also?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Not worth it anymore

[ Edited ]

Most definitely I agree with you! 

The return issue was the "deal breaker" for me as the cost and INCONVENIENCE of returning anything became prohibitive and I felt a sense of unease every time I ordered something knowing that if it didn't work out I was stuck returning it. 

Then, the issue of WAITING an unusually long time for the refund to be posted didn't help.  I understand there are ways to speed up the refund by contacting the online social team with certain information about the order, but for me, it was too much of a hassle.

Respected Contributor

No.

But I don't buy with the thoughts of cancelling an order within a few hours. I think long and hard before I place an order, compare cost, review details, check reviews elsewhere. In all my years of shopping here I've returned one item, and that was something for my mother that she didn't care for. 

I can't imagine receiving two letters cautioning about excessive returns. Yes, you've got 30 days to love or return it. As long as they permit to purchase, they permit you to return. Two letters? My way of thinking, after one letter one would think it would be a wake up call that perhaps QVC just wasn't for you anymore.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • I used to buy a LOT from QVC. Not so much at all anymore. For me, Q has lost its edge. I often find better prices, sales and free shipping on makeup and clothes elsewhere.
  • Clothing is now repetitive. Tunics, leggings, cardis.
Respected Contributor

I don't consider the cost of QVC items to be out of line when you factor in the expense of producing a television program not just the cost of manufacturing the item. 

It would be nice if QVC would allow a day to cancel, but I think the reason why there is such a brief window to cancel has do with the software used for the ordering system.  As the OP stated she has received two letters regarding her rate of return, sounds like the reason for all the returns is just that she changed her mind.  Perhaps the answer is to be more careful before ordering to be sure it is an item you actually intend to keep.  I do occasionally return items but 90% of the time it is the size ordered doesn't fit.  That is not on QVC but on me.  If something fits one area is may not fit another.  Most generally I like what I receive.

As far as the cost to return, it is much less at QVC than other places I would shop  (used to shop as now I shop almost exclusively at QVC except for shoes).  $6.95 plus original shipping of $3.50 verses $9.95 plus the original shipping $12.99 and $14.99 at other merchants.

To me the price of the item is worth it as I no longer want to go to the Malls and ordering from the other companies I use the items cost just aout the same as QVC and I only get to see them as a flat image rather than on a person and with more info regarding the product.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marvsmom wrote:

I don't generally like being negative but.... QVC just is not for me anymore. There's a few lines that I like, for example Peace Love World, mostly Kim Gravel but my goodness it is sooo expnsive! Peace Love World will sometimes be sold on poshmark which is great. But everything else is too much and now you don't get ANY time to even change your mind and cancel your order. You would used to be able to cancel the night of creating an order but now no way "it's in processing" so then you're stuck with the return cost. And I've gotten two letters threatening to cancel my account because I return too much. Yet all the hosts continually push the idea that "you've got 30 days to love it or return it". By the time you pay the base price and then take the return cost, and the fact that the quality is not that great -my time with QVC is coming to an end. The cost of living these days is so high it's just ridiculous to order, then return.... Does anybody who's been a pretty consistent customer find this to be true also?

If you received two letters advising/notifying you about canceling your account, then you might want to regroup and take it as a serious consideration.  It's not a threat, although you may take it as one.  Stop making excuses and putting the blame on reasons you state.  No matter what the hosts say, you have the final choice.

Honored Contributor

There is no excuse for not being able to cancel an order within at least a day or two of buying.  Especially when the item won't be shipped out for more than a week and they promote impulse buying often in basically unfair ways.

There is no excuse for people not getting returns credited  to their account in a timely fashion.  It's as if QVC still thinks they are the only game in town. 

Honored Contributor

@Marvsmom As you've said this isn't the place for you. Time to move on.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Marvsmom 

If you have received 2 letters, then it never Was worth it for you to shop here.

Excessive returns costs You, the company And the rest of us money.

Honored Contributor

Well, there are a lot of other places to shop on-line and I'm sure you will find some that are more to your liking and needs.  I hate to pay S & H at any on-line place but unfortunately that is pretty much how it is any more.  When I do find a time or place when I can get it free, even if it's just a one time or occasional thing, I'm a happy camper!  I prefer and always have, preferred shopping at B & M stores.  But these days it's hard to always do this, what with covid, the shutting down of many stores, and the lack of finding what you want, I often have to resort to shopping on-line.  What you see on-line is not always what you get and hence, the problem of having to return!!! I admit that I do a lot of shopping at amazon.  The selection of products is vast, there is often free shipping, and the delivery time is no worse than any place else and often better.  I do occasionally have to return something and I have never had an issue or been given a letter warning me I'm over my limit.  I shop at many places on-line and get great deals, places such as belk, beall's, hanes, kohl's, dillards, macy's, penney's, etc., etc., etc.  Best of luck in your shopping adventures!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin