Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Not my reviews!

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

I just checked my reviews through your Bazaarvoice link, and it brought up Nicknack's reviews, not mine (NickNack).  I wonder where mine are.  I don't review many things, but I have reviewed some.

Very interesting development, @NickNack!   If you locate one of your reviews and go to your history page, perhaps we can look at that URL and see if they indeed are allowing duplicate names that only differ in lower-case/upper-case letters.    Perhaps in the URL they use extra characters to differentiate.   The Community used to do that, and it caused a lot of confusion.   Back to the drawing board...   🤔🙃   Thanks for picking up on that!😊

eta:  You're welcome, @loriqvc!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack, I may be way off base with this but when I went to the site I found that names are not case dependent so are not individually recognized.  Marp (with a capital M) and marp (with a lower case m) returned the same result. Entering the user names nicknack, Nicknack and NickNack all returned the same result.

There is an apparent flaw in the programming at bazaarvoice.

BTW, there are 6 variations of your nic listed as users.  https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?advanced=false&auto_complete=false&q=nicknac...

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

Thank you dooBdoo. I looked at what you sent and those are NOT my reviews. I emailed QVC about it and all I got was "unfortunately they cannot control duplicates." I am NOT dropping this. I will try another email to them. Either I get results or I am done  buying at QVC. I have seen a decline in them anyway since they have added on two more channels. I buy a lot, but this has me hoppin' mad.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@loriqvc wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

is there some easy way to check all of your own reviews other than going to each item page?

@sunshine45 - You used to be able to view all your reviews quite easily by going to any review you'd written, hovering over your username, and then clicking "My Reviews" in the dialog box that appeared. For some reason, you can now only view links to your last three items reviewed through that approach, and when you click the links, you only go to the item page rather than your specific review.

If there is still a way to view all the reviews a user has written, I'd love to find out about it!

@sunshine45  @loriqvc

When I click on the reviewer name I can see all their reviews.   On some devices the first click on their name generates a pop-up with only 3 recent reviews but then clicking a second time on the name redirects to the section that lists their entire review history.

You also can use Bazaarvoice's URL to find a reviewer's history.   Replace "TYPEUSERNAMEHERE" with the exact reviewer name:

qvc.ugc.bazaarvoice.com/profiles/1689wcs-en_us/TYPEUSERNAMEHERE/profile.htm

thank you very much @dooBdoo.

i used the last link and inserted  user name Sunshine45 into it and it worked perfectly. Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@nomar wrote:

Thank you dooBdoo. I looked at what you sent and those are NOT my reviews. I emailed QVC about it and all I got was "unfortunately they cannot control duplicates." I am NOT dropping this. I will try another email to them. Either I get results or I am done  buying at QVC. I have seen a decline in them anyway since they have added on two more channels. I buy a lot, but this has me hoppin' mad.

@nomar,  You're welcome.   If you want to direct me to one of your actual product reviews, I'd be glad to look at the URL to see if there's any designation between the 2 identical nicknames -- then you could pass that info along to the QVC Social Team so they could share it with the company that manages the reviews (Bazaarvoice) to follow up on it.   (@NickNack, we could do the same with yours, if you'd like to.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

thank you very much @dooBdoo.

i used the last link and inserted  user name Sunshine45 into it and it worked perfectly. Smiley Happy

You're welcome, @sunshine45!😊

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@NickNack, I may be way off base with this but when I went to the site I found that names are not case dependent so are not individually recognized.  Marp (with a capital M) and marp (with a lower case m) returned the same result. Entering the user names nicknack, Nicknack and NickNack all returned the same result.

BTW, there are 6 variations of your nic listed as users.  https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?advanced=false&auto_complete=false&q=nicknac...

@Marp,  Regarding your link to the Community usernames, Lithium Hosting provides the web services for the Community, and you're right that they've been really inconsistent in their code which sometimes allows exact duplicate nicknames.   

On the old forum platform, simply using different lower/upper case characters would be seen as a new and separate name rather than a duplicate.   For example, "janesmith" and "janeSmith" would've been allowed as 2 different posting accounts.   The new platform changed that, at first.   Then, from time to time as they "updated" their software we saw actual duplicates in nicknames being permitted and when they're reported to Lithium nothing is done to remedy the situation.    So, occasionally we see more than one poster with the very same nickname -- it's another example of the flawed programming design and management on this website, both on the part of Bazaarvoice and also Lithium.   

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Marp  That's interesting that there are so many NickNack variations registered.  I'm NickNack and NickNack1.  They made me re-register one time and then finally let me go back to my original name.  I have no idea what happened.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@nomar wrote:

@nomar,  You're welcome.   If you want to direct me to one of your actual product reviews, I'd be glad to look at the URL to see if there's any designation between the 2 identical nicknames -- then you could pass that info along to the QVC Social Team so they could share it with the company that manages the reviews (Bazaarvoice) to follow up on it.   (@NickNack, we could do the same with yours, if you'd like to.)

@dooBdoo  I went back through my orders and checked the reviews of a couple that I knew I had reviewed.  I couldn't find my reviews.  I don't buy a lot from QVC so really don't have many reviews.  I probably have at least 10 though, maybe more but a lot of them would be from things that are no longer carried here.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

To dooBdoo. As you can see, I am computer illerate as I do not even know how to pull up your post to answer you. You said if I could send you an actual reveiw of mine you could check it. I have NO reviews on my name rolypoly. Everything on my name is someone else. Where mine are.....who knows??